The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I wanna get a rifle and hand gun that uses the same round I found a few but I thing 38s/.357 is around where I wanna be any one know any good bands at a moderate price range

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Well new or used? I've bought both, if you go used unless you're pretty good take a good gun guy with you.

On same ammo is that just a convienance thing?

Targets, hunting, protection?

Might give you a few thoughts. mjp

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Dont over look the hi point carbines 9mm and 40 caliber. The pistol I would go for a better gun than the hi point but they run as good as most theyre just heavy and ugly. The carbines in pistol caliber are great rifles.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New or used not picky lol
Yup my buddy's and me go on a 3 week trail ride so only need one type of ammo is a plus
We hunt out there mostly small stuff but bobcats and coyotes get to be a problem some times lost a mule a few years back

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
.44 mag. is a good choice, a lever action rifle and revolver or semi hand gun.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
A rifle is a rifle and a pistol is a pistol. Rifles have longer cartridges because they pack more powder in the casing. Pistols have much smaller cartridges. A rifle has longer range - hence the different barrel length and the length of the cartridge. A rifle using a pistol cartridge - like a 9mm or even a .45 is simply a bad compromise. It's like a motorsailor sailboat - it's not all that good at sailing and it isn't a decent motorboat either. The only exception to this with firearms is the 22LR cartridge. The reason this cartridge works for both is that it is simply small enough for a pistol.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
.45 long colt?
you can get a derringer,revolver and rifle in this caliber.
depending what you get, you can also shoot .410 shot,slugs and buck shot
then if you decide to go with the Bond derringer you can interchange the barrels .38/.357 etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts