Live virus Small Pox shots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/17/02 8:18:37 am)
    Reply Live virus Small Pox shots
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK, what's up with that? My memory is not very good, but didn't they give out Small Pox shots about the same time as they did the Polio Vaccine shots...which would place it in the early 1940s.

Where as a little kid they pricked your arm with a needle dipped in a form of a dormant hybrid small pox that was not active.

Now, they want to inject those who will accept it with a live hybrid virus of it.

I hear one of the heads of government, Tommy Thompson, (probably spelled wrong) ex governor of Wisconsin has declined to take the shots.

Frankly, I think I'm going to pass on this one myself, I did that on the swine flue shots back in the 70s and remember all the people that got sick from it back then.

You folks do as you like but think it over before you commit to something live and dangerous as small pox.

I don't trust the government to get it right...do you.

Gunguy

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 10:26:28 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: Live virus Small Pox shots
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nope. I'm going to pass on this. Call me paranoid, but I suspect there's something else to it that the government isn't telling us. I've suspected for years that the government is taking DNA samples from each and every citizen without our consent or knowledge, and perhaps a secondary reason for this smallpox vaccination program is to further that DNA sampling program. Hmmmmm. They may even be slipping in other substances that they aren't telling us about.

Even if it's all on the up-and-up (which would be damn near impossible with today's government), I will still decline. I seem to have a fairly robust immune system, so it's not that I'm scared of getting sick from the shot. I just don't think it's all that necessary right now.

This is yet another example of our government saying "Trust us. Don't think for yourselves. Just trust us, and go back to sleep."
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 10:47:58 am)
    Reply Re: Live virus Small Pox shots
    Yep, me too i will pass.
    Since all vaccines are bad.
    Vaccines are killers ! No one should be taking them.
    Any Vaccine. This is all about pharmacuetical big dollars.

DOWN WITH REICH-LAND SECURITY !

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/17/02 11:05:49 am)
    Reply Re: Live virus Small Pox shots
    They're using the same vaccine they used in the '40s.....and it's being used in the same manner. No injection...they prick your arm 15 times with a needle dipped in the vaccine.

Smallpox was pretty much eliminated as a disease throughout the world in the early '90's, so nobody really was working on any new methods of mass vaccination.

Since 9/11 and spectre of bioterrorism, things have changed.

The Mayo Clinic is working on a new vaccine.....but they've really just started, and it takes a long time to develop an effective vaccine that will have minimal side effects.

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 11:38:20 am)
    Reply Small Pox shots
    I understand the medical teams fly in on an unmarked black helicopter. Those who decline the immunization sometimes simply disappear. Spooky, huh?

Clouder...

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 11:45:49 am)
    Reply Re: Small Pox shots
    go to allaboutsmallpox.com

TYRANNY WILL COME TO YOUR FRONT DOOR
    IN A UNIFORM !

*edited for link*

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 12/17/02 12:09:28 pm

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 11:47:34 am)
    Reply Re:
    There was a recent outbreak of smallpox that our "government" and "media" chose to cover up and/or ignore. LINK TO SMALLPOX STORY

This disease is still with us today, no matter how much "they" want us to believe otherwise.

Smallpox is a terrible, deadly, extremely contagious disease. It kills a large portion of those whom it strikes and leaves most of the survivors horribly disfigured for life.

The incubation period for SP is about 12 days. If the US is attacked with smallpox then it is likely that many hundreds of thousands will be infected before we even know that an attack is underway. These infected folks will be spreading it everywhere the go to all whom they contact. A properly planned and effected attack will swamp our health care system immediately.

I have taken the vaccine twice before in my life. I will take it again IN A FLASH if I am given the opportunity to do so.

I suffered no side effects from my prior innoculations except for a small sore on my arm that left a small scar.

-- ND

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 12:29:59 pm)
    Reply micro-chip
    I think that they'll include a small micro-chip in the vaccine that will be able to (1) identify your whereabouts at all times; (2) eavesdrop on all your conversations; (3) identify how many guns you have; and (4) whether or not you intend on turning them all in when they come to the door.

chas

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 12:45:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: micro-chip
    Mock me if you will, but believe me when I say the government will not spend that much money and effort on the American public without some alterior motive. It would be different if we had already had a "scare" and they were forced to do it through pressure from the public.

But the fact that they are taking a leap of faith and spending the money on something they think *might* happen, gives me cause for concern.

Call me a skeptic, but I don't trust 'em. If/when there is a major outbreak, I'll probably be the first in line to get it. But as of right now, I'm highly suspicious.

And by the way, the local radio guys interviewed a woman from a local company who manufactures the vaccine (and is working on a new improved version). She says that even after you are infected with the virus (during its incubation period I assume), the vaccine can still work to prevent the disease. But once the disease presents itself in earnest, it's too late for the vaccine.

(12/17/02 1:33:28 pm)
    Reply Small pox vaccination
    Do not get the idea that I am against vaccines. Vaccines are useful tools at preventing diseases; however, in order to understand this issue one must sift from the barrage of politically spun bull***t something approaching fact. So, a few facts (assuming the government gives the facts on disease rates).

According to CDC the current vaccine does not contain the smallpox virus; it contains another similar virus called vaccinia. The CDC also says ?Unlike other current immunizations, smallpox vaccination is characterized by a virus that propagates in the skin and can potentially contaminate the vaccinee?s hands or the skin and mucosa of others with whom the vaccinee comes into contact.? This means that those who get vaccinated can (and apparently do) pass it on to others around them (who may not have received the vaccine).

Now some grim math.

According to the US census, there are about 277.8 million people in the US. The President proposes to vaccinate 10 million people who are considered important to our national defense and our ability to deal with a smallpox attack.

According to CDC (www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smal...facts.asp) ?in the past, about 1,000 people for every 1 million people vaccinated for the first time experienced reactions that, while not life-threatening, were serious.? (1000 in 1 million is also 1 in a thousand. But 1000 in a million sounds better than 1 in a thousand. Nicely spun). This figure means from vaccinations alone, if we vaccinated everyone, we?d see about 278,000 people suffer a ?serious? reaction (give a or take a few hundred). Of the 10 million the President wants to see vaccinated right away, we ought to see 10,000 of them have a ?serious? reaction. Anyone seen these numbers presented by the media? Not me.

Also according to CDC in the past, between 14 and 52 people out of every 1 million people vaccinated for the first time experienced potentially life-threatening reactions to the vaccine. That?s a rate at the low end of 1 case in every 71,429 people and at the high end, 1 in every c. So in the ?lucky? first group of 10 million we?ll see between 150 and 520 people have a potentially life-threatening reaction, and in the entire population we?d see between 3,800 and 14,500 people have a potentially life-threatening reaction. That latter number is really scary ? I?m not sure we have a medical system capable of handling that many casualties. Anyone seen this presented?

Also according to CDC, based on past experience, it is estimated that 1 or 2 people in 1 million who receive the vaccine may die as a result. Die. Not get sick and recover. Die. That works out to 10-20 people in that first 10 million, and 270 to 550 in the entire population. Seen this?

According to CDC historically, the vaccine has been effective in preventing smallpox infection in 95% of those vaccinated. Routine vaccination against smallpox ended in 1972. The level of immunity, if any, among persons who were vaccinated before 1972 is uncertain; therefore, these persons are assumed to be susceptible. These 2 factoids together suggest that even if there was a mass vaccination program (all 277.8 million of us), in the event of a small pox attack on the US that exposed the entire nation, we would see a something like 13.8 MILLION casualties. And with a 30% mortality rate, the means we?d loose about 4.1 million dead. Does anyone think our healthcare system could handle that? Hell, the gravediggers couldn?t handle it. Add to that, the fact we?d see something like 270-550 DEAD from the vaccines, another 3800-14,500 life threatening injuries from the vaccines, and some 277,800 getting sick from the vaccine.

So, the question each of us faces is this: do we want to take a 1 in a thousand chance of getting sick, a one in 72,000 chance for suffering a life threatening reaction, or a 1 in 500,000 chance of dying from a vaccine for a disease that no one has proven we are going to see spread though a biowarfare attack, or do we take our chances that no one is going to attack us with smallpox?

My view is this. I am unwilling to charge out and get vaccinated (again for me) unless the government tells me the risk of smallpox being used in a biowarfare attack is greater than 1 in a 10,000. And if it is that high, I want to know what those stupid bastards in the government are doing to prevent it!

My fears are these:

1. The government either knows something they aren?t telling us, OR, they have some ulterior motive for heading down this path.

2. Neither the government nor media is presenting all the facts.

Both scare me more than the potential for a smallpox attack.

LewairLavell
    (12/17/02 2:26:56 pm)
    Reply Re: Small pox vaccination
    I was gonna post the exact same thing. According to the CDC, there's a 7-14 day incubation period. Average time of 11 days before a person starts to feel the effects of infection. The vaccine is effective if given within 4 days of infection. Normally, to catch smallpox, a person must be within about six feet of a patient suffering the characteristic rash of smallpox.

I agree in that if there was already a threat or outbreak for smallpox, I'd probably get the vaccine. But just off a 'might' I don't think so. There's quite a few concerns with the effects of the vaccine itself.

I just seriously hope that the research institute I work at doesn't make the vaccine mandatory. That's a high probability just cause we have so many foreigners that are here. They already make us get quite a few just to come work here.
    Better Firearms Through Physics

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 2:41:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Small pox vaccination
    Hey bro, you have to turn on ezCodes to get that quote thingy working.....

As for your vaccination requirement to work in that lab.... does that have anything to do with the "fleas of a thousand camels"?

Edited by: 1952Sniper at: 12/17/02 2:44:00 pm

LewairLavell
    (12/17/02 2:58:53 pm)
    Oh you know it!!!
    Better Firearms Through Physics

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 3:18:34 pm)
    All vaccinations destroy your immune system.
    God gave you an immune system for this purpose.
    We have a Twinky & snack food society, foods made
    in Labs, foods grown in chemichal fertelizer, all processed
    foods, all these foods are dead foods, no enzymes etc.
    All of these compromise your immune system. And along come
    vaccines that destroy your immune system. The result is all
    kinds of diseases that are never cured only treated because
    there is no MONEY in cures. And the medical industry is
    in full support of this. Your welfare means nothing, POLITICS &
    MONEY rule. etc. etc. etc.

So go ahead and play Russian Roulette !

DOWN with REICHLAND SECURITY !

Edited by: Shizamus at: 12/28/02 1:56:04 am

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 3:27:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Small pox vaccination
    ..... I'm trying to figure out how a vaccine destroys your immune system.... In theory, a vaccine inserts just enough of an inert virus into your system to get your immune system going and creating antibodies, to ward off a full-scale attack by the live virus. How does this destroy your immune system?

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 4:34:04 pm)
    Reply Re:

Quote:
    All vaccinations destroy your immune system.

If this were true then I would have been dead 50 years ago.

But I ain't. (dead, that is)

And they don't destroy your immune system neither.

I took the smallpox vaccination twice already, and 'bout every other vaccination ever offered. I've been healthy as a hoss all my life without hardly anything ever gettin' me down.

I lay my good health to a lifetime of abstinence from wine and all other kinds of liquor, drugs, and dope. I eat sparingly and then mostly vegetables--no red meat or excess fats (lightly steamed turnips slathered with cauliflower juice with a side of raw scalion tops is GREAT!), go to bed early, arise early, work hard, don't read newspapers or watch TV, have little to do sexually with wimmin' and nothin' a'tall with men, don't gamble, gossip, cuss, 'er git out in thu sun. I wear loose clothes an' drive real slow. I never eat raw peanuts an' always wear a PFD when I'm on thu water. And, 'sides all that, I kinda figger that lyin' is bad, too...

-- ND

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/17/02 8:05:29 pm)
    Re: Re:
    I work in a hospital. We were surveyed less than 2 months ago on who had received a vacination as a child and whether we'd take it again if it was offered.

I said yes to both questions. Had it before and if offered at the hospital will do it again in a heartbeat.

This was a survey given out to every VA hospital in the country from Washington, D.C. Seems to me it may be coming to a community near you sooner than a lot might think.

Back in the 40's, 50's and early 60's when they originally gave the vaccine out they thought it protected one for life - well technology showed them their thinking was wrong but I can't blame them for their beliefs back then.

I can understand one not wanting to have the vaccine and as far as I'm concerned that is one's right. But I don't buy off on all the rumors about it being an experiment and everything else played on us by our government. On the other hand it's a toss up whether the original vaccine would be effective against the redesigned small pox that's out there in places...I'll take my chances that'll it at least help.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 8:32:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Re:
    Well, that's another reason I'm not jumping in line to get it. If some terrorist organization decided to weaponize smallpox, do you really think they would use the traditional strain? I'm betting they would have worked on it in a lab, to make it resistant to vaccines, and mutated from the smallpox we've seen before. In that case, the vaccine that everyone is so eager to get would be useless.

I would also hope that the President's threat of using nukes against anyone stupid enough to attack America with biological weapons (or any WMD, for that matter) would be a deterrent. But of course, it would take us 6 months to "prove" who did it, and that government would deny being involved, and we would end up not nuking anybody.....

I would rather wait until a new improved version of the vaccine comes out first. Besides, the traditional smallpox shot would screw up my tattoo work.

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/18/02 1:29:32 am)
    Reply Re: Re:

Check out
    www.mercola.com
    www.thinktwice.com
    www.909shot.com
    www.allaboutsmallpox.com
    www.tetrahedron.org
    www.thepowerhour.com
    www.gulfwarvets.com
    www.infowars.com
    www.healincelebrations.com

search these websites on the dangers of vaccines.
    more people have died from vaccines than from the
    disease. Due to vaccines given to children autism has risen
    500%. Vaccines are legal murder and genocide.
    All vaccines are contaminated with formaldahyde, mercury
    and numerous viruses. Smallpox vacine is really cowpuss.
    We all need to do some homework on this subject and
    research it and stop believing a LYING government & CDC.
    The Bushes are deeply involved in the pharmaceuticals and
    also the vp. Chaney not to mention OIL. Tom Ridge, the man
    in charge of REICHLAND SECURITY has announced that he
    will not be taking the smallpox vaccine, kind of makes me wonder. You can boil it all down to MONEY, MONEY, MONEY !

DOWN WITH REICHLAND SECURITY !

Edited by: Shizamus at: 12/23/02 12:38:13 pm

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/18/02 4:14:42 am)
    I took this from another board and do not know for sure if it is true, but???....on another note, ever hear of nano technology?

Iraq has the small-pox virus. It originated in Russia. A scientist in Russia developed several strains of small-pox for possible future use as a biological weapon. Historically speaking, most viruses created for use as biological weapons were developed with the ability to counter their effects with an antidote because you have to be able to immunize your own soldiers. Russia was not pleased with this so they charged this scientist with the job/mission of creating a strain of small-pox that could not be immunized. That scientist did so and accidentally contracted that virus. There was no antidote for the strain that he created so he was secluded and confined until he was dead four days later. Russia transferred all strains (including the strain for which there is NO immunization) to Iraq. Which strain do you think the Iraqui's would use? What use is the immunization if Iraq or some other terrorist is most likely to use the one strain for which there is no immunization?

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/18/02 8:03:30 am)
    My point exactly. Whether that story is true or not, it is possible that someone out there has a virus that they are adapting to use against Americans, and we have do defense against it. It could be smallpox, or it could be any number of other viruses (virii?).

And that's exactly what your government wants you to think. Just like with the terror warnings, they are in the business of scaring the public into thinking that they need to hide behind Uncle Sam for protection. It's all a political ploy to wrest further control from you. Can't you see the pattern by now?

I'm not sure if I buy into all the propaganda about how vaccines are more dangerous than the disease, though. That's been floating around for years, and is mostly spread by people who are scared of technology. In general, I believe vaccines are effective. But there are always side effects, and some people will get sick from it. You'll find that even with placebos.... some people psyche themselves into thinking they are ill, and will manifest it upon themselves.

But in the case of the smallpox vaccine, I would rather wait until we come up with a 21st century vaccine instead of using the 19th century version. And if/when I do choose to get the vaccine, I will get it from a doctor I trust.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/18/02 11:03:39 am)
    As I said at the beginning of this thread, my memory is not the best anymore...but was it small pox shots that was mandatory for the military awhile back and some were not happy about taking those shots under duress. There was going to be a court martial for some officer refusing to take it, how did that come out?

Gunguy

Edited by: AGunguy at: 12/18/02 11:05:27 am

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/18/02 12:44:52 pm)
    I think that was anthrax. It's still considered an experimental vaccine, and no one can really prove that it works. But for sure, it does make some people sick.

Edited by: 1952Sniper at: 12/18/02 12:45:30 pm

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/18/02 12:48:25 pm)
    Reply Re

Quote:
    more people have died from vaccines than from the disease

(in my best politically correct voice)

BULL$HIT!

Between Europe and the Native Americans, tens, perhaps 100's, of millions have died from smallpox.

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/18/02 5:24:15 pm)
    Reply Re: Re
    History speaks for itself.

www.infowars.com

Edited by: Shizamus at: 12/25/02 12:19:34 am

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/19/02 8:50:37 am)
    Reply | Edit More on the San Antonio solution
    I saw it again last night on the news....

A San Antonio company is working on a smallpox vaccine that will be administered in pill form. No more of those disfiguring shots. And they claim the new generation vaccine will eliminate the side effects that give the smallpox vaccine such a bad reputation. It should be ready for testing in 2 months.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/19/02 9:53:30 am)
    Reply Re: More on the San Antonio solution
    Yeah, whos going to be the testee?

Good luck, buckwheat.

I love those commercials selling some kind of wonder pill, then they show you the side effects...

GG

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/19/02 10:05:14 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: More on the San Antonio solution
    This is a reputable pharmaceutical company with government funding. And they are subject to FDA requirements for testing, unlike the diet pill companies. This is not a "wonder pill". Rather, it's a more sane approach to vaccination, using newer technology. The shots are barbaric by comparison.

Check out the link below. It's a streaming video from the local news. You'll need Real Player to see it. www.mysanantonio.com/kens...ideos=8146

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/20/02 12:45:30 am)
    Do not trust the FDA anymore than the
    rest of the criminals in washington
    Who controls the FDA...?
    There is no sane approach to genocidal vaccines.

DOWN WITH REICHLAND SECURITY !

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/20/02 9:08:10 am)
    I really don't see what the big deal is here.

When I went to school, every kid had to be vaccinated for smallpox (and, yes, the same vaccine they're using today), plus be innoculated for a whole bunch of other diseases.

This was the norm. You couldn't go to school without a doctor's immunization certificate.

When I joined the Navy, had to go thru the whole thing again in boot camp....and if we were going to a country where a particular disease was prevelant, we had to get innoculated for that disease before we could go ashore in that country.

So, what's the big problem here?

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/20/02 9:51:52 am)
    The problem here is lack of trust of big brother. I do remember awhile back the news media said the government didn't have enough vaccine to innoculate all Americans, only had enough to take care of a few in government and the military, now they suddenly have enough everyone???

I survived the swine flue shots in the 70s because I didn't take them. My associates at work who took them got sick.

But that is only my opinion quirk in not trusting our government to get it right. Anyone else, go right ahead if you want to.

GG

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/25/02 11:12:20 am)
    When you hear ... company exec takes flu shot and is now
    paralyzed or 12 year old gets hepetitus B vaccine and
    is dead the following day, and there is many more cases...
    on top of that we do not have any recourse to product
    liability due to the Bush dinasty giving the pharmaceutical
    companies the protection of lawsuits, you cannot sue them,
    now isn't this dandy ! yet at McDoanld's you can spill a hot
    cup of coffee, sue , and be awarded 3Million dollars.
    Doesn't this want to make you run out and buy stocks in
    Pharmaceuticals ? this is great protection for the shareholder
    as well. It is illegal to cure diseases because the MONEY is
    in the treatment of diseases. Just like there is a cure for
    cancer, but you have to go accross the border to Mexico
    to get the cure because these clinics are not allowed to
    operate in the U.S. by our government and keep you limping
    around with their treatments, at the same time sucking all
    the MONEY out of you until the day you die. Just this one
    disease alone if they allowed the cure, it would destroy
    our economy! The government does not want you to know
    that there is a cure for every ailment without the use of
    pharmaceutical drugs. You can figure the rest out.

www.cancer-coverup.com

DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER !

Edited by: Shizamus at: 12/25/02 11:33:02 am

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/25/02 12:11:43 pm)
    Reply Re:

Quote:
    Just like there is a cure for
    cancer, but you have to go accross the border to Mexico
    to get the cure

Sho' 'nuff they is got thu "cure" down there. My brother took the "Mexican cure" for cancer and later died from his cancer. The "cure" didn't even slow it up.

I do not believe that there is any "conspiracy" to avoid cures for any disease. Mull on polio and smallpox for a moment. Polio in particular was is an extremely expensive disease to treat. With all that money rollin' in, why would anyone want to prevent it? This is exactly what happened--the polio vaccine stopped the disease forthwith. Smallpox was essentially eradicated from the earth EXCEPT that some PUKES that work for various "governments" (including our own) decided to keep it with us 'cause it might make a hell of a weapon someday.

Personally, I have taken a vaccination for 'bout everything, including "Swine Flu", with no problems at all. I figger to take thu smallpox vaccination too, as soon as it is available.

I did notice one "side effect" to the Swine Flu vaccine, however, it did an excellent job of keeping the elephants and rinonosrohorses (sic) outta my yard...

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/28/02 8:34:09 am)
    If the Mexicans can cure cancer, why can't they prevent "Montazuma's Revenge"?

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/28/02 10:14:19 am)
    Montazuma wasn't a Mexican, therefore, his intestinal microbes are native South American home grown poop enhancers.

Just thought you ought to know.

GG

Edited by: AGunguy at: 12/28/02 11:05:01 am

17th FA Bn
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/29/02 11:52:20 am)
    Reply I'll take the shot again
    I'll take the small pox vaccine for the same four reasons I get the flu shot every year: 1. My Beautiful wife, 2. my 5 year old son, the greatest boy in the world 3. my little girl, the sweetest, cutest, most loveable toddler in the world 4. Myself.

I get the flu shot every year. The only problem I have ever had with the flu shot is feeling run down the next day, and I don't usually get that. I work as a firefighter-paramedic, in a big city and I don't want to bring home any life threatening disease to my family. I make lots of runs on people with "flu like symptoms", why bring that misery on myself and family, when it can be avoided with a little shot?

The flu is life threatening to many people. My son has bad asthma attacks once a year, and if he had a case of a sever strain of the flu he would have to be hospitalized. People with chronic respiratory illnesses, often are hospitalized, and even die when their bodies have the additional strain of the flu. My grand father had three brothers who fought in World War I. One died in the battle of Bellewoods. Another died after returning home prior to his discharge from the flu epidemic that hit the world in 1917-1919. This flu outbreak was said to have killed more people than died in the first World War.

Getting back to small pox. In a bio-terrorism scenario it would be one or two days before anyone even knew we had been attacked. Initially hospital ERs notice an uptick in cases of flu like symptoms. These first patients go south on the hospital and it is realized that something far worse is happening. By this time nurses, technicians, paramedics, janitors and doctors have all been exposed and gone home to their families and friends. If you have been vaccinated you don't have to worry as much about spreading something to your family. (I hope if their is a small pox outbreak it would be caught quicker than most bio-terrorism attacks, since the pustules would be fairly obvious)

I don't believe in massive government conspiracies. It is not that I have a great deal of faith in politicians. I just don't think it is that easy to keep secrets. If the government or drug companies had a ulterior motive for the small pox vaccine some one would talk. And I'm not talking about some nut bag on Phil Donahoue or Jerry Springer's show.

The ironic thing is if some one launched a small pox attack against the U.S.A. they would end up killing millions of people. But most of the victims would not be Americans. In America we would have the means to treat the victims and isolate the outbreak, by rapidly vaccinating our population. But in poor, backwards countries, many of which are moslem, the toll would be enormous. This type of attack on the "Infidel" America, would result in the deaths of millions of poor moslems.

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/29/02 2:12:18 pm)
    Reply Re:

Quote:
    I took this from another board and do not know for sure if it is true, but???

Again, my point is exactly this. NONE OF US KNOWS A DARNED THING FOR CERTAIN! It's all propaganda, lies, damm lies, misinformation, and misdirection.

Where is the alpha source on this alleged horror-to-be-if-we-take-the-vaccination crap? Where is the research? The data? The numbers? WHO DONE THE WORK?

I don't know a single soul who even knows anyone that has done work on the side-effects of the smallpox vaccine. All that I "know" is a bunch of $hit that I have heard or read that came from suspect sources.

Just 'cause stuff is written on a website doesn't mean diddly $hit. Shucks, I have a website and I can put anything I want on it regardless of the "truth".

Same goes for the "media". FOX, for example, ain't nothing but a "SPIN MACHINE" and "PROPAGANDA PROPAGATOR" for the "political left". O'Reilly and Hannity ain't got a brain between them and all they do is spout a bunch of innuendo and misleading trash that they "read" off the screen.

I am to the point where I really do not know where to get the "truth" of some subjects. I have been forced to start discouting as "likely untrue" those things that I I hear repeated by the media's "propaganda artists". In particular, I discount those things said by folks who are obviously propagandizing. (My apologies to Al Sharpton who spoke of folks who were "funeralizing their son".)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.