Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Llama .22 Pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Cobra54
    (2/24/02 2:51:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All .22 "mini 1911" by Llama
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've got a few .45's - s&w, kimber and one Ruger .22/45 - a guy asked me if I was interested in a Llama .22 - he says it's exactly like a mini 1911, it has a 3" barrel and breaks down the same way etc. Does anyone know anything about the gun and it's approximate value?
    Thanks.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/24/02 3:14:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: .22 "mini 1911" by Llama
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Cobra. I do not know the answer to your question but there are some guys around here who are pretty sharp on that stuff. Plant yer butt next to the fire and make gun talk with us
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/24/02 3:22:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: .22 "mini 1911" by Llama
    Those small-frame Llama's are real sleepers. They can be bought REALLY cheap ($100-$150) but are actually pretty good performers.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/24/02 9:12:26 pm)
    Several folks around here will tell you these are nice little 22s - spitting image of a mini-1911! If you get an opportunity to get one at a reasonable price (the range AntiqueDr gave is pretty representative of prices around the midwest area too), I would say snap it up!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/24/02 10:09:06 pm)
    Hi Cobra....and welcome to TFF.

I've got one of those little sweeties in .380, but it's the same as the .22. Your friend is right, it's about a 2/3 scale copy of a 1911A1. The only difference is that it has an external extractor instead of an internal one. Otherwise, it breaks down exactly the same.

It's a sweet little shooter. If you get a chance to get one for a reasonable price, do it!