The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Llama 9mm, model J2, serial #B (or 8) 82491, GABILONDOYCIA-VITORIA (ESPANA)

And I would like to find out any information I can about it, if there is someone out there who can help me, or point me in the right direction to find help.

It is a great shooting gun, just like the 1911 I carried in the Military. Although it has a slight problem with the slide not locking back after "last round" which I attribute to either the magazine, or the slide lock. I found a new magazine, but may need to find a new slide lock. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks,
tallbear

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
never heard of a J2 model..but try here...www.carbinesforcollectors.com/llamapage.html.

also for parts look up larryh1108 in our members list..he seems to have a few parts available.

the J2 is most likely a date code, if so your gun was made in 1990.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to thank you all for the information and the links, they were all helpful.
To the best that I can find, I have a Model " VIII 9 mm largo large service pistol with grip safety" and correctly, the "J2" was a date stamp. Although I could not find anything specific to my particular weapon, the links were a great help.

Again, Thanks Everyone,

tallbear:)

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
The Llama, Model VIII, was introduced in 1955 and is listed as being chambered in .45 ACP, 38 ACP and the 9MM Largo. If yours is marked 9MM then it was also made in that caliber. Since there are no longer any Spanish hand gun manufactures, parts are going to be scarce.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts