The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,This is all new to me. I trimmed my cases to makarov size approx 17.86 mm.
I adjusted my seating die and did a dummy load. The lead bullet from Missouri bullets went in great. I do not see the lub ring. It measures 25.25mm length. I measured one of the mak 9x18 bullets from one of my store bought cases (Silver Bear) and it measures 24.87 mm.

Question. Do I need to seat my bullet deeper to match the silver bear at 24.87mm,,,or am I good.
This is the first time I have done any reloading so I'm geared up and ready to go

Also where do I find a chart on questions like this that would involve other loads like a 9mm and a .40SW,,,,or is there one ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taking regular federal 9mm target loads and using a Lee 9x18 trimmer in my drill with the ball trimmer and cut down about 200 cases. After I trimmed them they measured around the 17.86. I shoot CZ 82's,have 4 of them and a .40sw CZ and a 9mm cz. Guess I like CZ's
I'm loading Makarov
.365 Diameter
9mm Makarov
93 Grain RN
Brinell 18 lead bullets from Missouri bullets. I have been told good things about them and looked them up.
I have a hornady manual that came with my press and then I also have the ABC's of reloading. None had any info on lead bullets let alone the makarov.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.