The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you all seeing the number of competitiors drastically shrinking at your matches? At our 3-gun matcvh last month we had only 7 actual 3-gun competitiors (223 min caliber rifle and 9mm min pistol)

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
If you don't have a sponser with deep pockets, how can anyone afford to shoot?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have been trying to practice for the local steel challenge .22 league . I've never competed but wanted to this year. It's looking bleak. Don't have enough .22 to keep for the zombies and compete/ practice too.

·
Premium Member
22,049 Posts
No ammo. We can't get anything around here. We can still get shotgun shells so it will be off to my trap range for now.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Some of the local IDPA matches are considering allowing a .22 class. I'd be unofficial of course, but would allow many to compete without a second mortgage on their homes.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
At a gun show this weekend, I saw 22lr shells 50 rd boxes, they were at least a decade old, for $10/box....

It looked lke every one there cleaned out their old odds and ends of 22lr and brought them to the show for 5X the money....Match ammo, long gone. Our 4H club just recieve 20K rounds of CMP ammo about 3 months ago, thankfully. Lots of folks will be on the side lines with out ammo this year I fear.

Regards, Kirk

·
Registered
966 Posts
At a gun show this weekend, I saw 22lr shells 50 rd boxes, they were at least a decade old, for $10/box....

It looked lke every one there cleaned out their old odds and ends of 22lr and brought them to the show for 5X the money....Match ammo, long gone. Our 4H club just recieve 20K rounds of CMP ammo about 3 months ago, thankfully. Lots of folks will be on the side lines with out ammo this year I fear.

Regards, Kirk
And any young families will not be shooting, I afraid. With ammo prices, when it can be found, a match for 2 and a practice night can easily be 60-70 buck for tha ammo.

That is a lot of groceries instead of ammo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.