The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is continuation on the "Three Orphans" that were given to me last year. I sold the Krag and the Springfield as parts guns but have kept the Crescent Arms side lock 12 ga. double as it seemed like I might get it back into a useable condition.

One of the side plate screws was broken off but my friend and neighbor was able to safely remove the stub. So now I am in search of a replacement screw. Two screws would be ideal that way I can retire the booger original. I have the one from the reverse side to go by even though the slot in it is badly boogered.

I don't know much about screw sizes and pitch and standard versus proprietary screws/sizes.

I was able to find a 6/32 screw in my parts bin that I can shorten and dress the head so it would do (a 8/32 is too large). But even though it seems to tighten down when put in the receiver it also seems to be just a wee bit smaller in diameter making me wonder if it is a one off proprietary screw. Numrich lists some parts for this shotgun but no lock plate screws for this model.

I am asking for any advice as to whether I can use the parts bin 6/32 or is that not a good idea. Is there a supply source out there where I could find a proper screw if the 6/32 is bad procedure.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Crescent Arms was bought out by Savage take a look at some Savage Parts on Numrich

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my neighbor (machinist) and I raided his parts bin and came up with a screw we could modify. So the old gun is back together and ready for duty again. Total investment in this old gun $0.00.

Thanks Mike and Josh for the help you gave me along the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts