The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for a machate type long blade. I got a few cheapos, but they don't hold an edge whatsoever. Mostly used for bush whacking while hiking, fishing, clearing around a ground blind. What do you use for this? Thanks-

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

The fiskars brush hook looks to be an ideal tool, other than the sheath.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I second Gunny- that Woodsmans Pal is the tits. The only 'con' is that it's short- if you need reach, go for the longer machete types.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I second Gunny- that Woodsmans Pal is the tits. The only 'con' is that it's short- if you need reach, go for the longer machete types.
Kinda depends on how thick the undergrowth is. Sometimes a longer blade just gets awkward. But I'd like to see them offer a Woodman's Pal with a 16/18" blade also. I've also got a old WWII Legitimus (1945) w/ 18" blade that I use around the farm a lot, but the grip on it sucks. Cramps my hand up and gets slippery after 10 or 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"tits"...LOL...I have not heard that term used for something beyond awesome in quite some time. I guess I stopped using it when I got married 23 years ago yesterday. I think it's going to make a comeback in my vocabulary now and then when awesome is not enough and no lady-folk are around.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
If you get one, let me know how it works out for ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts