Long Range Target Rifle

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ballistic
    (12/17/02 7:43:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Long Range Target Rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking to purchase a Long Range Target Rifle...
    by long range i mean capable to 1000yds, with EXCELLENT accuracy, TOP OF THE LINE! pretty much the best rifle you know of! i am looking to purchase it next summer, and want to compete with it, the only thing i dont want is 50 cal, its too expensive for the rounds... and i plan to scope it (obviously), and put a bi-pod on it, im looking to spend 5K on the rifle alone, but if i can get it for 5K for everything then all the better, also i was wanting bolt action, semi is fine but i like to work the action myself, like a true sniper!

thanks,
    Don

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/17/02 9:35:35 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Long Range Target Rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here you go: www.snipercentral.com/rifles.htm

and some more info:

world.guns.ru/sniper/sn00-e.htm

www.chuckhawks.com/ultra-long-range.htm

Ballistic
    (12/17/02 9:59:08 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del SSG3000
    i am looking at the SSG3000 rifle at the moment, any comments? any other rifles you can think of?

Celt
    (12/29/02 1:15:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SSG3000
    See these sights for info on custom makers. You will be best served by getting one built to your specs.
    A word before going to the sites below:
    Don't come off as a Sniper wannabe. The guys here are mostly profesional LE and military snipers and serious competitors

www.snipershide.com/cgi-b...b.cgi www.snipersparadise.com/s...t.htm Celt
    H.D. Rifles

Ballistic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 5:53:26 pm)
    i wouldnt call myself a "sniper" but i guess i could be, i prefer the term Marksman, it seems to raise eyebrows less...

kaylan1
    (2/12/03 9:17:20 pm)
    The SSG3000 is very tempting with the 6 lug bolt and Mc Millian stock, but I compared it to the LRS2 and the barrel is a little shorter (.6) and the over all weight is heavier than the LRS2. I like then both but I think the difference that will be most noticeable will be the price. From what I hear the 2 rifles are the best on the market price wise and in accuracy. I've had some dingers tell me they beat out AI hands down. I know with the right person working it, the LRS2 can be dialed into a nice .18 MOA.

hope I've given you something to think about
    kaylan1