Long Range

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabob, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

The talking heads keep talking about the "long range" shots taken by the Seals against the pirates. The shots were 25 to 30 meters !! DUH !!!!!!!
    But the shots did the job. Now they need to tie a pork chop to that surviving Muslin trash and hang him

2. artabr

artabr New Member

Anything past the tip of their nose is out of range for the media, half the time they can't find their a** when it gets handed to them as it often happens. :rolleyes: :mad:

Art

3. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Blessed Easter, what an appropriate occasion. The Capt. was brought back from a deadly captivity. I like the idea of the pork chop. Special thanks to those who posessed the skills to pull this off.

4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

roger that. its ashame they didn't have medics there to save the lives of the a-holes so we could kill them again. i really cant believe the world has put up with this mickey mouse bs this long. i really hate these scumbags.

5. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

I am just extremely ecstatic that the United States Service members that made these shots were as well trained as they were. Now I admit that a 30 meter shot is basically a lay-up shot. But remember that the shots had to be simultaneous,no room for error. Way to go to the good guys.:D catfish

6. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

Hm, I think something is wrong here, why only four guards, and why, thankfully, was the captain not hurt? I smell a conspiracy....

7. pawn

pawn Active Member

roger that comment regarding the media. most of those "guys" could not find their own ass if they used both hands with a 24 hr time limit :D

8. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Hardly a challenge for a Marksman. But I'm glad they were there.

9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Thirty meters from a bench at the range is nothing. Thirty meters from the fantail of a ship pitching in the ocean, into a lifeboat bobbing about in the ocean is just a little harder.

Try this: Take a trampoline to the range and shoot from it while somebody is lightly bouncing it, at a target rigged to bounce up and down and sway back and forth. :D

Those guys are GOOD.

Pops

10. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

I agree! When I read the story my eyes went :eek:!

11. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

i caught a late report about this last night. I did not realise that the Navy vessel was that close to the lifeboat. I dont get it eigther. Once the captain jumped ship a man with a SAW should have opened fire on the liferaft and not stopped till it was splintered and sunk along with everthing in it. Not much branwork there except for maybe sending a message in moris code to the captain with a mirror telling him to jump again.

Doesnt say much about the stupid idiots holding the captain. After the first attempt dont you think they would have tied his hands behind his back to keep him from trying to swim again. But that's why there dead now, their idiots. God bless the guys who pulled the trigger.

1 free only 200 left to go.

12. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I get so worked up when I hear the media talk about guns. They know nothing about them and speak with such dramatic terms.

13. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

Very good point. Well taken

14. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

Ya know? there's a lesson to be learned from the British SAS here.
    It's a strange thing, but every time they go into a rescue situation there are no survivors among the enemy.

15. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Great operation!

The media?
    All they know about gunfights is what they see in the movies, when the good guys and the bad guys are fifteen feet apart and expend a hundred rounds each with no hits -
    To them, this WAS 'long range'.