LOOK 'EM OVER...WEEP OR GET ANGRY!!!

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by rooter, May 19, 2017.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

2. Aspeck

Aspeck Well-Known Member

I will get angry .... grrrr ... the scumbags ... lining their pockets in the guise of helping the less fortunate ... double grrrrrr!

3. Rewind

Rewind Well-Known Member

That's why I mostly only support local charities.

4. Kippy

Kippy Well-Known Member

What a waste of money! Gurrrr!

5. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

Do these "Charities" enjoy tax free status?

rooter likes this.
  6. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

I would like to point out that the Kids Wish Foundation isn't set up to give directly to the kids.. its to give a "wish" to them.. many just want to meet and have a bit of time with their favorite star. John Cena (WWE) is one who pays his own way to grant a Childs wish.. ( and one of the most requested in the past 3 years), and the WWE usually pays and transportation and assocated costs for their stars to grant these Wishes. So yes their "Direct" to a child is very low and a solicitor is also consitered to be star as the foundation solicits them for their time.

7. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Good Morning 'ELK...went over to Google to check the 'tax-free' exemption and as
    with many of the things dealing with charity, even the churches, it is talked around
    with no positive answer...I come from checking the source with the affirmation of
    getting away with what ever they can... I began donating to some of the veterans
    and police officer solicitations and the quests for donations started to come
    monthly...the one on DAV comes with a fully stamped, return envelope...not a
    single postage stamp, mind you, but a whole string of return postage stamps..They
    think of everything so I started putting a note into the envelope protesting the
    frequency of their mailings! Chief

shootbrownelk likes this.
  8. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

Thanks Rooter... these charities are just plain depressing looking at the numbers. I wonder how much the Staff makes? This reminds me of the Wounded Warriors fiasco, where lavish hotels, expensive parties, food & drinks and 6 figure salaries for the administrators were the order of the day before someone exposed them. I guess people were fired and they cleaned-up their act....supposedly anyway.