The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
The price is right if you are willing to pay it. I say don't buy at such high prices.
The point, if we don't elect conservatives to Congress and to the Presidency (Trump) we will face the strongest push against the Second Amendment and freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
Apathy, must not be allowed to elect our next leaders. The people must see the anarchy that is happening around the country.

Larry

·
Garandaholic
9,413 Posts
I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion, but I have no problem at all with anybody asking anything they want for what they have for sale. Don't like the price? Don't buy it.

Wow, maybe it is time to sell some of my 20000 rounds of .22LR for a tidy profit. Yeah, I know that is only a small stash compared to some of you, but it will last me a long time....
How confident are you in a Trump reelection?
You could unload and then rebuy 3x as much after Trump's election or you can unload and stare at your .22s when Biden wins the mail in ballot fraud.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,233 Posts
Can't tell from the ad, buy my guess - it is from cheaper than dirtbags!
Looks like it works out to about $14.99/ box of 50.

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Back when this happened the first time I must admit I bought a couple of those $80 bricks. Figured without ammunition my guns are nothing more than expensive clubs. After that I just kept my eyes peeled for deals.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You think that price is high? Just wait to see ammo prices if the Dems take over the Senate and White House. There is a bill currently sitting on the side lines for a 50% tax on all ammo. Add that to the PR tax of 11%, and your local state sales tax (or more) and you are looking at somewhere between 61% and 70% tax on ammo. You know that the Dems will push to pass that bill and others.

·
Premium Member
5,303 Posts
A few yrs ago when ammo prices went sky-high & .22's were selling for the price of 9mm, if you could find them, I simply sold all my .22 rifles & all my pistols with the exception of a Ruger .22 convertible in stainless that is in the original box & never been fired, that I bought for my son when he got old & smart enough. He's in his mid 30's now & while he's old enough, he sure ain't smart enough. He still has the mill stone around his neck & she absolutely won't have a gun in the house. I Told him I'd put that quote on her tombstone when the SHTF. I'd just as soon keep practicing with 9mm anyhow!

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Weeeeeellllllllll????

If at all possible I’d prefer NOT to sell my Browning Trombone, Winchester 1906 and Steven’s Model 26 Crackshot. The Henry, Mossberg, Marlin and even my Savage Model 24S-C but not those first three. Thankfully I have plenty of ammo and probably won’t have to buy anymore ever. Still, if I had to pay $150 a brick due to some stupid taxes then that’s what I’d do just to keep those running. Heck, I have a little 250 Rook and brass is over $5 a case which I’d gladly pay if I had to in order to keep the rifle useable.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
The price is ridiculous, but what bothers me a lot more is the unavailability... The best supply warehouse that I know of is down to ammo that is "designed for bolt action" from Germany. If I read between the lines correctly, that means that it is grossly under-powered and won't operate a semi auto.

I really think this particular shortage is due to panic buying/first time gun owners and hopefully it'll smooth out someday, but I don't see that coming for a long time... If it does, maybe the second hand market will be flooded with good deals when soccer moms all over the nation no longer see riots in the streets and decide they don't need all that evil stuff in their home.

Well, one can hope.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
The last time, just for giggles, I took two bricks of Winchester to a local gun show and offered them for $50 a brick - first dealer jumped all over both of them!!! He was later selling them for $70.00.................... good thing I have a life time supply of .22 LR and most other stuff I might "need".

1 - 20 of 84 Posts