The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I guess I was lucky getting 1000 rounds of .22LR for $47.00 at Wally Mart a few weeks ago. Granted, it was Winchester M-22 but still WAY cheaper than anything I’ve seen online.

·
Premium Member
17,486 Posts
From the way it sounds on this thread, if the Democrats take the presidency and the Senate we gun owners are doomed. On the other hand, I'm sitting on a lifetime and then some of .22LR.
Lifetime supply of .22 ammo may not do you any good if the dems take the presidency, senate and hold onto the house cause they will then be able to take our guns.:(:mad:

·
GUNZILLA
6,208 Posts
Just bought 5 boxes of cci 22 mag at $13.99 a couple of days ago at Academy was going to take all of it but decided to let other shooters have a chance and left 6 boxes on the shelves. I've got more than plenty but I always buy every pay period whether I need it or not. This practice keeps me well stocked with rimfire and other calibers I don't load for.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Lifetime supply of .22 ammo may not do you any good if the dems take the presidency, senate and hold onto the house cause they will then be able to take our guns.:(:mad:
Only if you give them up.
That sounds good but...
What does that actually look like?
It looks like something we don’t want to see but may become a harsh reality. The whole country is teetering on the edge as it is and a push from either direction is likely to set off some real fireworks.

·
Premium Member
19,355 Posts
A local gun store is selling some no-name 9mm ammo for $29 a box of 50.
upload_2020-9-12_12-32-28.png

Reactions: ms6852

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stopped in a gun store in the Oklahoma City area. They wanted $129 for a 500 ct. box of .22 Thunderbolts. I have just been buying a few small boxes at a time from Walmart and the local range where I shoot when they come in. Other sporting goods stores have hardly anything. Hardly ever see 9mm ammo. Shotgun ammo is usually available still.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Many years before the previous ammo shortage I began to accumulate ammo of all my calibers with great emphasis on .22 LR. Today I have 25 to 30 thousand 22’s in the larder, if all else go’s to pot I will still have over a dozen rifles and pistols and plenty of good old 22 LR to feed them ( by then 15,000 223 will be gone or perhaps I will).

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
What are these guns of which you speak? I'm just an ammo collector.

View attachment 233402 Picked this 20 round box on the ground in the desert about a week ago..With tax it’s just about $25.00 for one magazine of 9mm.Good grief Charlie Brown!
The 9mm ammo has vaporized....the .22 LR is next I'm afraid. The closer we get to November 3rd. the worse it will get. If you see some fairly reasonable, grab it.

·
DEPLORABLE member
1,967 Posts
My Friend just bragged about buying 22WRM from walfart a couple of days ago. A box of 150rds priced $8 on the shelf & $25 @ the register.

Complained to the cashier about the 'marked' price and the cashier changed the price on the spot. Said he went back and grabbed the last 2 boxes and left with 450rds for $24. Now that he's heavy with 22WMR, he won't stop bugging me about buying my 783 bolt action. :headbang:

What are these guns of which you speak? I'm just an ammo collector.
:bowdown: :rotfl:

SR

·
Super Moderator
39,095 Posts
I bought six boxes of CCI maxi-mags at the Sportsmans Warehouse in Asheville, NC, this morning. I paid $11.99 a box, which I thought was awful high, but I haven't found any that cheap online in the past few weeks. We shot up at least 300 rounds at the TFF TN get together yesterday!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
My gosh every four shots you fired was a $1.gone or $75 bucks for your shooting spree of 300 rounds. The world is nuts once again. Just found 9mm Winchester white box for five times normal price.

·
Super Moderator
26,239 Posts
We shot up at least 300 rounds at the TFF TN get together yesterday!!
That's what happens when you give a kid a pistol.that holds 30 rounds :). Thank you, he loves that gun. At least he was respectful and didn't do any mag dumps.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
LGS has full shelves of 5.56/.223 and 9 MM plus full racks of .22 LR and magnum. Anything else you have to ask for and they say they're in no danger of running out anytime soon. AE 5.56 is 11.99 per 20 rounds. 9 MM WWB is 16.99 per 50 rounds and .38 special Magtech is 18.99. I did not price any .22's but I put a Browning 1911 22 on layaway and they said they would throw in a bulk pack of 22 when I pay it off.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts