Looked at a WZ48 mossin nagent 22lr trainer

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/02 10:59:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Looked at a WZ48 mossin nagent 22lr trainer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It was kinda a neat lil rifle.Unissued.Looked like someone used it for a hammer though.Stock cracked,whole assem. loose in stock.Had a price of 120 on it.If someone put another 50 bucks in it they'd have a nice lil 75 dollar gun.

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/6/02 12:11:37 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Looked at a WZ48 mossin nagent 22lr trainer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got one of these when they first became available from SOG, who got them from Gibbs (best packing I had from SOG - double-boxed, with the Gibbs box inside the SOG box). Gun was like new, with manual. I wanna say price at the time was $99 from SOG. I'm glad I got in early on these.

Still haven't put it through it's paces to see what it's capable of - just plinked with it so far.

Best bang for the buck on .22 trainers - Mossberg M44US from the CMP. I can do cloverleafs with mine at 25 yards using the peep, and once had a 4 shot one hole (and I mean .23-24") group, ruined by a fifth shot flyer. And that wasn't even with the super-expensive ammo (well, it was Eley, but it was that $2.50/box stuff, not the Tenex or the real match stuff). And I have no formal rifle training outside of Boy Scouts!

RobC in Missouri