The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello sometime id imagine around 8-10 years ago or so I remember this gun company which im almost certain was out of Georgia that I cannot find anything about right now. It was a veteran owned company they were real well built and made the guns right in their home state and had a "gun for life" guarantee which is if i sold my gun to tom 20 years later they still warranty it etc. Anyway they had an M4 i was really interested in and as I'm at the point now to be able to actually purchase it.. I cannot find them anywhere. Just curious if anyone may remember them by chance.. maybe they went under.. maybe changed names? I dunno.. i dont even remember their name anymore. Anyway if anyone happens to know anything i would appreciate it, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
40,040 Posts

·
Administrator
11,940 Posts
Don, your link won't load for me.

I have been living in Georgia since 1993 and I can't recall ever hearing that. As Hawg mentioned, Daniel Defense is here in Georgia and started up in Savannah but I don't think that they have a lifetime warranty.
Deleted

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Warranties don’t mean anything unless the company will be around to honor it. I had a new roof put on 10 or so years ago by a highly recommended local roofer who was also noted for being the “cheapest,” but gave a 25 year warranty and I was told he was good for honoring it.

I kind of felt uncomfortable because both he and the guys he had working for him looked like they had one foot in the grave, and I never saw any of them without a cigarette in their mouth, their coughing sounded like a TB ward over the sound of the nail guns! They did a “good quick job” even stripping it down and repairing some of the decking, and I was happy to pay.

But the guy who owned the company died about 5 years ago. And I now have a few leaks😡

The warranty died with him, and I’m having trouble getting estimates, even to replace the whole roof, all roofers around here are busy as heck.

·
GUNZILLA
6,456 Posts
I've learned the hard way that when it comes to life time warranty on a product it can be one year or more and when you finally want to use it, the warranty died with their death, or the company got bought out and the new company is not obligated to honor it. So warranties for me are not a reason to choose one product over the other.

·
Super Moderator
40,040 Posts
Nothing to do with a gun but definitely a "Warranty" story. I had to buy a new dishwasher four years ago. I bought a Maytag, because of their so called warranty and a big "10 year warranty" emblem on the front of the thing. It quit working last week so I called that "lonely Maytag repairman" and was informed that the warranty was only for the rubber gasket on the door and the stainless steel tub! What a crock!

·
GUNZILLA
6,456 Posts
Nothing to do with a gun but definitely a "Warranty" story. I had to buy a new dishwasher four years ago. I bought a Maytag, because of their so called warranty and a big "10 year warranty" emblem on the front of the thing. It quit working last week so I called that "lonely Maytag repairman" and was informed that the warranty was only for the rubber gasket on the door and the stainless steel tub! What a crock!
We have had a Maytag washer and dryer for 37 years that we bought with a lifetime warranty, after 30 years we called for a warranty repair on the dryer and was told they did not sell parts for it any longer. Got my friend an AC guy to take a look and noticed a burned wire, he replaced and is still working. Nothing is warrantied now, if anything they make more money on service calls and selling extended warranties.

Reactions: gdmoody
1 - 11 of 11 Posts