Looking For A part, Or Specs To Fabricate One

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by rawright54, May 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. rawright54

rawright54 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I picked up a SKS a couple weeks ago for a great price. It was missing a cleaning rod (which I happen to have lying around here somewhere) and a bayonet. On closer inspection though, I found that it is missing the little doohickey (technical term) that is usually part of the barrel, which the spring-loaded bayonet sleeve snaps into to hold it in the stowed or deployed position. I can see marks on the barrel where someone has pried the part off, perhaps to make it legal on the Left Coast. The item looks like a semi-circle held under the barrel with a notch fore and aft for the bayonet sleeve to snap into.

Can anyone lead me to where I can buy one? If not, can someone who owns a complete SKS make a few measurements and send me a dimensioned sketch? I'm sure I can fabricate one, given a few measurements.

Thanks!

2. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just looked and Numrich has lots of parts for the SKS but not sure what you need so I would say to check them to see if they have what you want.
    Mike

3. Skipper

Skipper Well-Known Member

4. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

You need the entire sight base. Out of stock everywhere I can see. Try on the SKS Survivors forums, best bet.

5. rawright54

rawright54 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That was the first place I checked, Mike. But I just found a used bayonet lug on eBay, and ordered it. I can at least take dimensions off of it and fabricate a new one, if it turns out to be too used.

mogunner and goofy like this.