Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

looking for a quick estimated value for 4 guns

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by smokyhollowforge, May 12, 2009.

1. smokyhollowforge

smokyhollowforge New Member

Marlin 336 30/30 s/n 25042226 Good cond
    Remington model 31 12 gauge s/n 24694 excellent cond
    Remington model 721 adl s/n 168164 fair cond
    J Stevens arms co model 66b 22lr no s/n fair cond
    I know you guys want pictures but I just came across these for sale and want some kind of idea what they are worth before I go out to look at them. The guy does not live real close and I want to have the right amount of cash with me if I can work a deal.
    Thanks for any help.

2. Contenderizer

Contenderizer Member

Better take about nine C-notes. Values are $250, 400, 150 and less than $100, respectively, though prices are up substantially in 2009 A.O. (after Obama).

3. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

For some reason I have seen those marlin 336's going high at auctions let me know what you had to pay, in the classifieds here they are around 250-350.The others I dont know about.

4. smokyhollowforge

smokyhollowforge New Member

I emailed back and forth with him, he said he had them appraised in 95 marlin $250, rem 31 $700, rem 721 $200 and Stevens $120. I had told him what I thought they were worth and he said he did not care about book value he was going with the appraised value and firm on it. I was mostly interested in the rem 31 but was thinking of offering him about $800 for all 4. Since he was firm on his end we went no further. I wished him luck and told him to check back with me if he had no luck getting his price. I think he will never get $700 for the rem 31.
    Thanks for the help !