Looking for a trigger for m4

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by mjforster, Apr 22, 2009.

1. mjforster

mjforster New Member

I have a bushmaster m4. I would like to get a better trigger. Im wondering if this is something I can order and install myself or is it something I have to send in to have installed. I have seen drop in triggers online. I would assume that means I could install it myself. Any info would be great. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good trigger? Thanks

2. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

Try the complete fire control system from JP Enterprises http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.1_fc.php . I just installed it in my AR and I love it. Nice 4.2lb pull from their "Tactical" kit. A couple of basic hand tools and some very basic mechanical aptitude is all it takes. Their directions say you MIGHT need a belt sander or bench grinder with a fine wheel. All I needed was a small hammer, 1/8in pin punch, a small extra fine flat file and some red locktite. The have their installation videos inline if you want to see how before you order or they have a drop in unit as well. No matter which way you decide to go or who's product you decide to buy they are pretty easy to install.

3. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

Just a suggestion but you might get more responses on this if you put it in the TECHNICAL QUESTIONS AND INFORMATION forum.