The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Eastern Arms 12 Ga. single shot shot gun and I'm looking for a replacement butt stock.
It's an old firearm that been in the family for long time. Serial #A655013. Anyone know of any places to look?
Thanks, Al

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I have an Eastern Arms 12 Ga. single shot shot gun and I'm looking for a replacement butt stock.
It's an old firearm that been in the family for long time. Serial #A655013. Anyone know of any places to look?
Thanks, Al
First off - welcome to TFF! Second - Mike ("Goofy") is one of - if not the premier gunsmith - who visits our site. Nmckenzie and RJay are another great source of information. Without seeing your shotgun - I'd say that this estimation about it is a great place to start. I know I would.

Really need to see pictures. There was a time when the market was flooded with single shot shotguns. A great many were directly based on the Stevens pattern. One thing I've noticed about that pattern: the wood is usually shaped to fit slightly into the sides of the rear of the receiver in the grip area. Good luck - and drop back in to let us know what you find!

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
First off - welcome to TFF! Second - Mike ("Goofy") is one of - if not the premier gunsmith - who visits our site. Nmckenzie and RJay are another great source of information. Without seeing your shotgun - I'd say that this estimation about it is a great place to start. I know I would.

Really need to see pictures. There was a time when the market was flooded with single shot shotguns. A great many were directly based on the Stevens pattern. One thing I've noticed about that pattern: the wood is usually shaped to fit slightly into the sides of the rear of the receiver in the grip area. Good luck - and drop back in to let us know what you find!
Not to hijack this thread but I am having a very bad day your words REALLY make me feel good Thanks.
Now back to the thread.
I checked and Numrich does not have the stock you need but you can give Jack First inc. and ask them. There number is 605-343-9544. But before you call them post some pictures so I can be sure you are asking for the stock for the right gun.
Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
_ALC7619200px.jpg
_ALC7610200px.jpg
_ALC7621200px.jpg
Not to hijack this thread but I am having a very bad day your words REALLY make me feel good Thanks.
Now back to the thread.
I checked and Numrich does not have the stock you need but you can give Jack First inc. and ask them. There number is 605-343-9544. But before you call them post some pictures so I can be sure you are asking for the stock for the right gun.
Mike
Ok here are a few photos.
View attachment 140791 View attachment 140791 View attachment 140791 View attachment 140791

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I put a few pictures up as requested, should have done that in the first place.
So far getting a lot of help.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I put a few pictures up as requested, should have done that in the first place.
So far getting a lot of help.
Thanks
This looks exactly like hundreds of Stevens single barrel shotguns that I've seen over the years. Shouldn't be hard to find a stock to fit yours. Good luck!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now back to the thread.
Mike
This looks exactly like hundreds of Stevens single barrel shotguns that I've seen over the years. Shouldn't be hard to find a stock to fit yours. Good luck!!
Thanks that narrows it down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now back to the thread.
Mike
Hey i posted some pictures of my shotgun. What do you think i should ask Jack First for as far as a butt stock goes?

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
The 94B has a different shape stock.
I will look thru my books in the morning and see what I can find out.
Mike

·
GUNZILLA
7,389 Posts

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
I have a pile of old single barrels in the garage. I will take a look and see if I have one worth using. Most of these old guns are in the same condition as yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a pile of old single barrels in the garage. I will take a look and see if I have one worth using. Most of these old guns are in the same condition as yours.
Well thank you very much. Bunch of real nice people on this forum.

The 94B has a different shape stock.
I will look thru my books in the morning and see what I can find out.
Mike
Thanks alot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts