Looking for inexpensive scope

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

GroovyTed1
    (1/8/03 8:27:34 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Looking for inexpensive scope
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey All -

I have a mini-14 RR, and I'm looking around for a scope. Problem is, I have a hard time finding one for less than $200. Does anyone have a less expensive one that they like?

I did see a bushnell trophy 3x-9x-40mm for $99... Does anyone have any experience with this scope?

Thanks - gt

whiskey101
    (1/8/03 3:07:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Looking for inexpensive scope
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have had good experiances with the Simmons scopes from the discount chains. I had one on a mini 14, a 3x9x32 and it worked great
    So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street.

GroovyTed1
    (1/8/03 3:22:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del RE: scopes
    Thanks! When you say "discount chains", which ones are you talking about?

-gt

whiskey101
    (1/8/03 6:30:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: RE: scopes
    Walmart, Sports Authority
    So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street.

Mauser45
    (1/10/03 12:00:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    RE:scopes
    Try a Tasco, they sell a lot of them around here. I own three of them and they are very good for the money. I don't know if it is true but I read on the web yesterday that they are going out of business. Hard to believe!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/10/03 12:17:23 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: RE:scopes
    Mauser45 - I believe they went out of business last year and Bushnell or one of those companies bought up their remaining inventory.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (1/10/03 7:59:15 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: RE:scopes
    Bushnell did buy Tasco. Bushnell will be producing Tasco scopes around the end of this year.

Dragon Bob
    (1/10/03 9:35:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Russian Scope: Most bang for the buck
    Try Here

www.kalinkaoptics.com/cgi...e Scopes

lockedcj7
    (2/11/03 12:40:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del I would try...
    a Nikon 3-9x40. I have two and paid about $150 for each. One is Japanese manuf. and the other is Phillipines. The Jap one is older and better but the Phillipino one is still pretty good.

The difference between a $40 scope and a $200 scope is in the optics. Typically, the higher priced one will have better quality lenses and will be easier to look through for longer periods of time. It should also have better light xmsn for dawn and dusk situations.

Scopes are like anything else, you get what you pay for.