The Firearms Forum banner

Looking for info on Topper M48 .410 shotgun

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cmt01 
#1 · (Edited)
I got my great great grandfather's 410 shotgun gave to me yesterday & I'm looking for info on it. On the side of the Gun, it says Topper M48 and under that: Harrington & Richardson Arms Co. and under that: Worcester Mass. ~ Made In U.S.A. Also, it says I 41207. I know nothing about it other than my mom found it while going thru my grandparents estate, she said it was her great grand daddy's.
Thanks for any info!

#2 ·
Welcome to The Firearms Forum cmt01. There is not a whole lot to tell about the Topper Model. H&R has been making them since 1893 and have probably made millions of them. I know they made them in 12 gauge and .410 Bore because I have one of each. I don't think there were any serial number records kept on them. If there were, someone with more knowledge will come along and straighten me out. I know you did not ask for the value, but I'm going to venture to say that most of them are worth less that $100.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.