The Firearms Forum banner

Looking for Information and value of a Belgium Souvenir Double Barrel Pistol 1945

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RJay 
#1 · (Edited)
I am researching a double barrel pistol that has "Souvenir Belgium" engraved on the left side of the frame plus "1945" inside a scroll oval. On the top of the scroll oval and on the barrel release there is a "C" with a star above it and a geometric shape below it. The right side of the frame also has scroll work as well as the trigger guard. There is also a scroll behind the double hammers and a snowflake looking symbol on the top of the frame. The number "765" followed by "BR" is stamped between the barrels on the top and the number "9" is visible on the right side when the action is open.
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Shotgun
Cutlery Tableware Table knife
Metal
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
Material property
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Shotgun

This pistol is apparently a war souvenir.

Any information and valuation would be appreciated.

Barrels are octagon and 4 3/8" in length
Caliber - looks like .32 caliber (7.65 mm)
Hammers are external
Triggers - 2

See less See more
#3 ·
I believe you are correct as to caliber. 765 BR should be 7.65 Browning - .32 ACP.

And that's the first one I'm aware of where you can actually tell who the controller of proof is.

That dingus in front of the trigger guard. I assume that's the barrel latch? It has the Perron on it, which is the proof mark for the breeching system, and a star over a C. That's the Chief Inspector's stamp. There's a list of who had which stamp, but you need to know when the gun was made for it to be of use.

From 1924 to 1948, C was Brenu Louis.

#4 ·
1945, the end of the war. Possible made up as a going away present for a senior officer from his command., most of these types of presentations have a name, but still possible or a service member himself had it engraved just for his own be haft. Sure isn't a normal souvenir, even for 1945. Neat looking little gun, should be a hoot to shoot. With out a makers mark, the ID of the maker may never be known. .Value ? what ever the market would bear. Me, I would give a couple of hundred just to have a plaything.

#6 ·
It is not a muff gun nor parlor gun, it is just a double barrel hand gun. Very popular in South America and Spain also made quite a few. What is it's purpose in life, don't know, for sport / just to be shooting ? In SA the poor folks use such an animal for self protection against bandits. what did the Belgium's use it for, I have no ideal, perhaps just a left over from its exports. or a house gun? Perhaps others have some input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.