The Firearms Forum banner

Looking for the value of a revolver

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jim Hauff 
#1 ·
Any one know the value of a 9 shot H & R Arms co. Model 922 22 cal revolver? It has the serial number M10610. That may give the time frame in which it was made. A friend of mine inherited it and I am interested in purchasing it.......and then registering it. Thanks.. Michael

#2 ·
im answering this post just because for some reason nobody else has.i am not an h and r collector but for me if it was in semi good shape its worth from 100-150.00.i have had one many years ago and it was not a tack driver by any means.that was a long time ago and it may have been wore out. to give you a better estimate a picture will be necessary. old semperfi

#3 · (Edited)
'M' prefix indicates 1952 manufacture - If it has a 6" barrel, it will have a one piece grip on a "bird's head shaped" grip frame and it will be a 1st Model 7th Variation. If it has a 4" or a 2.5" barrel, it will have a "NEW STYLE" round butt grip frame taking two grip panels. In that case, it will be a 1st Model 8th Variation (actually a forerunner of the 2nd Model introduced the next year, 1953.) Value will depend upon which one you have and condition. Very Generally speaking - the value will range from about $50 for a parts gun, up to a bit over $200 in Excellent condition - add the box and add another $25 to $35.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.