Lookit this Hottie.... wooo hooo

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by AL MOUNT, Apr 24, 2009.

1. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Ole Susan Boyle's gonna get her a man..... By Golly...:eek:

Gives new meaning to the movie title

"40 Year Old Virgin"... don't it...:eek:
    ... :p

[​IMG]

2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Apparently she has been mentioned on a new South Park. Kyle has decided to run away from home and says if one more person mentions Susan Boyle and her song he will puke up his ba**s. He goes on to say he is off to Somalia to become a pirate! Should be interesting.

3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

:eek:

4. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I mean look at the picture, shes clearly been given a make over, nice new clothes and hair, and they take her picture in front of her old shed and wheelie bin. Give me a break.

Would this joke work in the US, prob not, still. Trash man says to guy where's your bin? 'I bin on holiday' he replies.'No, where's your wheelie bin?' say the trash man. Frustrated the guy replies 'I have wheelie bin on holiday'.

Oh dear, thats never going to work in the US.

5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

6. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Given: She does have a beautiful voice, IMO.

Other given: She wasn't a surprise to the talent show hosts?

Another given: She's a dream for the entertainment media...I mean, who doesn't like a "rags to riches" story? If her story has been manipulated to garner the attention of the "world"....color me NOT surprised.

That doesn't change my first "given" though. As for all the hoopla...I just "click" it away! :)

7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

She has a nice voice and she dosn,t scream while singing. She isn' offensive. What IS to like about her? Personaly I liked her singing. I'd like to hear her sing some Vera Lynn songs.

8. Sasha88

Sasha88 New Member

She got rid of the Groucho Marx eye brows.

9. whitemach

whitemach New Member

10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I must admit...I was as dismissive of her as everyone else at first. Face it, by most of societies standards she's pretty unattractive. But when she started singing I was blown away by her voice which reminded me how shallow it is to judge somebody on such superficial terms.

Actually I don't think the makeover was that bad. She went from being one that almost made you want to look away to looking like a pretty typical, slightly overweight, middleaged woman.

Something I've noticed about physical attractiveness...You can have an initial impression of someones appearance when you first see them but as you get to know them they start to look different based on their personality. One could be a beauty queen but if they have no sense of humor, warmth or are a self absorbed snob or a liberal they can start to look prettty ugly. Then again, others who may not at first seem all that attractive can seem to slowly transform before your eyes to a face you love if they have that inner beauty.

I for one am looking forward to a future CD by Susan Boyle. I would enjoy it thoroughly.