Helmet Wood Bicycle saddle Wood stain Hardwood
Brown Wood Rectangle Textile Wood stain
Wood Twig Metal Fashion accessory Eyewear
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel
Brown Wood Amber Flooring Hardwood
Wood Publication Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood

See less See more
#6 ·
Grizzly1 will no doubt see it and should have an idea and perhaps hawg or TRAP. I'm not familiar with Louis Smith but I do know American Longrifles by some contemporary builders fetch a hefty price. Whether Mr. Smith is in that group I don't know. Unless I'm missing something it certainly appears to be first class work.

#9 ·
Yes. Johnson City school style. Hacker Martin, Lester Smith, Leroy fleenor, Don Davidson and the likes. Hopefully The guy is here might have some idea as to what it might be worth
Louis Smith (1927-2000)
His work usually sells for between $2,000-$3,500.
His rifles are not of any particular style, but a rendition of the rifles from the flint lock area to the percussion era.
That's about all I know.
There's one on arms list now for 3950. I think they're reaching pretty far. This rifle is extremely intricate compared to that . I'm thinking of selling for 3000
Should put me in the running

#15 ·
You'll need to have 25 posts to be able to put it in the Buy Sell or Trade section. Read through some threads and respond in them, just pay attention to how old the thread is, some of the ones that pop up in the recommended reading thing are a decade or more old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.