LTS,a word please.

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/29/01 6:41:16 pm)
    Reply LTS,a word please.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Soon I hope to get arm outa sling and strap and will get some use back,could you recomend a good place to start on my 10-22? (This might be as soon as next week)

Bought it used ,someone added a butler creek stock and fluted bull barrel,has a scope (toss).Other than that I'd say it's stock.

What line of attack would you pursue?

Looking for ideas and (gulp) value your opinion.

Also good sources for parts.

Thanks Jonathan

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/29/01 7:15:38 pm)
    Reply Re: LTS,a word please.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Since you already have the basic pieces, I would start with the trigger group. I use mostly "Power Custom" parts, but some "Volquartsen." too. If money is not a problem, I also have used the "Volquartsen." complete lower, the polish it and refit it out to fit my needs. Depends on how you want to start. Mine always starts with the trigger group after testing the rifle in it`s form, that I received it in or new base gun. Trigger first, then tuning those components, then moving into the other internals, firing pin, extractor, springs, internal receiver polishing/bolt. Since you have a barrel, (hate someone else`s barrel....cause I didn`t get to break it in) clean it until it`s brite...to check for neglect. Anything else?? LTS

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/29/01 7:31:08 pm)
    Thinking you might say trigger group,I'll start looking.

Do you put buffers on your 10-22?

It's an ok plinker and squirrel gun,would like it to be more though.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/29/01 7:45:39 pm)
    I make my own buffers, it`s amazing what they do. Runs much smoother. LTS

22boomer
    (1/1/02 12:10:49 pm)
    LTS,
    I have been reading the posts in this forum and have been interested in 22's since I was a little critter. I just bought a 10/22 with the stock Ruger SS hammer forged target barrel and the laminated stock. I had a 10-24X 40mm Tasco scope that I decided to install on this rifle, (I'm old and my eyes are going). This rifle is brand new, out of the box. Can you our one of the other members tell me what to expect in the way of accuracy at 50 yards and 100 yards? Who can I order buffers from? What material do you use to make your own buffers and who can I order this from?

Thanks

warpig883
    (1/1/02 12:20:20 pm)
    Welcome 22boomer. Lts will be along shortly he is here most everyday. I don't know squat about 10-22's so I won't attept to tell you anything. We have many other fine forums here and I hope you will join us for fun games and firearms talk.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

22boomer
    (1/1/02 1:01:50 pm)
    I hope you will forgive my redundancy. I posted the reply asking about accuracy and buffers and went back to check it and it would not show up -- sooo -- I posted a new topic. I apologize for any inconvenience.

TallTLynn
    (1/1/02 1:12:32 pm)
    Don't worry about it 22Boomer - we do stuff like that all the time.

Besides a brand new subject might make LTS take notice faster.

Welcome to TheFirearmsForum and I sure hope you have a lot of fun shooting your new rifle.
    TLynn