The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the plunge Saturday night and ordered the Lyman 310 handloading tools with dies, just a waiting game for the rest of the items needed for reloading.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
kind of expensive compaired to the Lee Classic reloaer die set. I have reloaded hundreds of 45lc and 357 with those sets and a block of wood and a rawhide mallet. for what you have paid for the tool and a set of dies I would have 3 sets from lee. Just saying..

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kind of expensive compaired to the Lee Classic reloaer die set. I have reloaded hundreds of 45lc and 357 with those sets and a block of wood and a rawhide mallet. for what you have paid for the tool and a set of dies I would have 3 sets from lee. Just saying..
Mine were on sale when I ordered them thru Grafs.com

·
Registered
17,651 Posts
I've got a 310. But man, ain't no way I'd have that for my only, let alone my first, piece of reloading gear.

A press and some real dies is the way to go.

Unless, you know, you live in a 10x10 one-room apartment, and your "reloading area" is a dresser drawer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a 310. But man, ain't no way I'd have that for my only, let alone my first, piece of reloading gear.

A press and some real dies is the way to go.

Unless, you know, you live in a 10x10 one-room apartment, and your "reloading area" is a dresser drawer.
Close Alpo 12x10 bedroom for right now.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
There is definitely a place for a Lyman 310 tool. I have one for .44 Special, plus I have 4 Lee Loaders. Starting with these hand tools is beneficial to learning what each step does and why it's done. You are not lacking anything and definitely not "uncool" or "retarded" because of your choice.

Not being one of the "Hurry, faster, faster, more, more" generation I see the value of simple tools and often use them when the "Bigger, New and Improved, Express Model" is available. A Lyman 310 or a Lee Loader will produce ammo just as accurate/good as progressive press with auto-everything operations, all the bells and whistles...

Go slow, double check everything, and enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts