The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two Lyman AA Turret Presses are being partially retired much to my regret as they suited me fine. Problem is the Primer Seater punches are starting to break apart and I cant find any replacements. I have purchased a Lyman T press and really dont like it. The handle is to long,and keeps on unscrewing itself all the time.The primer seater is most awkward for me,and I spend a lot of time searching on the floor for dropped primers,Does anyone know of a current Turret Press that is similar to a AA or a possible source of AA type primer seaters to fit. Believe me when I say I would be most Grateful for any info.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would say cut the handle off and put a new bicycle handle on it or have a guy with a lathe turn some threads and put a new ball type handle on it. Then use BLUE Loctite, shouldn't unscrew anymore then either. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,131 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Camping Josh for the ReddingT7 idea.Also everyone else who assisted.Had a phone call from someone who got one sent by Sinclair International,via Brownells and it arrived OK,so will do the same. As I load quite large amounts of various calibres,I find hand tool priming a bit to slow,thats why the AA suited me just fine. Thanks again, and for your time, Its good to be in touch with you all.

·
Registered
18,744 Posts
How about using a hand primer with your old press?
you beat me to it.

I have an rcbs press that will prime.. but I prefer to hand prime my brass.. lets me 'feel' how the primer pocket is doing..

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Thanks Camping Josh for the ReddingT7 idea.Also everyone else who assisted.Had a phone call from someone who got one sent by Sinclair International,via Brownells and it arrived OK,so will do the same. As I load quite large amounts of various calibres,I find hand tool priming a bit to slow,thats why the AA suited me just fine. Thanks again, and for your time, Its good to be in touch with you all.
I had the same issue was you with the T-Mag press. My solution to date has been to hand prime with a RCBS hand priming tool, but I don't load massive quantities at this point.

Good luck! We're glad to have you as a part of TFF.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
found a complete AA on flEaBay , just over $100 with 15min left. I'll do some checking around and see if I can find some parts for you.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi again, Just to say I have purchased a Redding T-7 and have just completed my 1st 500 rds 45acp. What a great machine,does all that I need. Also have aquired a Lyman 7728040 Ram Prime Die which I am using on my AA Press, apart from having to change my primer loading proceedure slightly I`m getting on with it OK.Its a very slightly longer proceedure than the original AA set up,but at least my machines are back in use. I`m sending this just as your worst weather for a 100 yrs is heading your way, so I will send you all the best wishes and good luck one can possibly send and hope you all get through it ok.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Hunker down, best wishes and prayers for all yall. Stay dry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts