The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there is a 30 round clip (mag) for a M1 carbine that is known as "The Rare One". I saw an ad on ebay that listed such a mag. with a for sale price of $85. Is there such a clip and if so why is it so expensive? Would it be an original WWII issue? I am probably showing my ignorance with these questions, and it isn't the first time. :crazy: Thanks for any info. Bob

· Registered
6,391 Posts
Seller hype? There are 30 round carbine clips, intended for the M2 carbine but of course they will fit the M1 carbine as well; I never heard that any are especially rare, but am more than willing to be educated.

Jim

· Registered
6,391 Posts
Usually when someone says a magazine is rare it is meant that it is one made by some specific manufacturer whose production, for some reason, was very limited. But that usually has meaning only for a limited number of magazine collectors. To us, the great unwashed, the only concern is whether the magazine is original GI (good) or a cheap copy (bad).

Jim

· Registered
1,785 Posts
Usually when someone says a magazine is rare it is meant that it is one made by some specific manufacturer whose production, for some reason, was very limited. But that usually has meaning only for a limited number of magazine collectors. To us, the great unwashed, the only concern is whether the magazine is original GI (good) or a cheap copy (bad).

Jim
As to this...I haven't a clue!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.