The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love these rifles. Picked up an IBM carbine at a local gun show today. Goes with an Inland I own and a Universal I should never have purchased. I am thrilled with the IBM and it's off the ATF books..............

·
TFF Chaplain
20,406 Posts
Great guns. Enjoy shooting them. That's what I learned to shoot many years ago.

Learn to reload, if you don't already do so. It's much better price-wise, and you can develop better precision.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Great guns. Enjoy shooting them. That's what I learned to shoot many years ago.

Learn to reload, if you don't already do so. It's much better price-wise, and you can develop better precision.
Agreed. My M1 carbine is still my favorite plinker.

·
Super Moderator
41,340 Posts
I have an IBM carbine that I have had for many years. I am curious, how much are the IBMs going for now days?

·
Premium Member
9,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an IBM carbine that I have had for many years. I am curious, how much are the IBMs going for now days?
I paid $700.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
In WWII $45. :eek:

My father-in-law used the Garand M1, WWII cost $85, in the Pacific with the "ting" clips, they figured that out and carried extra empty clips, one or more guys would fire...someone threw a clip out, Jap popped his head up, you'd take it off.

I always wanted either one!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I paid $475 (10 years ago) for my National Postal Meter M1 that somebody had added the paratrooper folding stock to. I replaced the stock with one that would make it historically accurate for another $60.

·
Super Moderator
41,340 Posts
I bought my carbine at a gun show about 30 or so years ago and don't remember exactly what I paid for it, somewhere in the range of $250. Got my Winchester M1 Garand from a gun show also a few years before that for about the same amount of money. I always thought I paid too much for them (at the time anyway).:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
.30 Carbine and RR 1911A1 (arsenal rebuilds) under $15 each in 1960 through the NRA, +$4 shipping, I have both and the paperwork and shipping papers for each, the 1911 was at least re-assembled with all RR parts, the .30 has a NPM stock, Underwood barrel, and S.G. action, both shoot great, and the RR is suprisingly tight, the 1911 came from R.I.A., and the carbine came from Red River A., I remember Dad talking about how hard it was to remove the cosmoline,

It's safe to say I gave Dad a little more than he paid for them,

·
Super Moderator
41,340 Posts
Is Red River A the red river army depot? I never heard of a Red River A. carbine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts