The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Might not be the best solution - but try shims under the front scope mounting point. I remember hearing of these many moons ago - I'm not sure if you can even find them today. I once tried a scope on an M1A but didn't really like it. Back then it was a 'first generation' scope mount.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
I have never had a scope on any of the M1A's that I have owned, even though I am strongly considering one now. The way the front of that scope is canted up, it just doesn't look right. Is there a way to push the back of that mount down?
The mount on the side of the receiver is pretty simple, but it may be possible to not engage the scope mount base into the slots correctly. Hard for me to describe, but there are slots on the side of the receiver that form a "T" with a threaded hole for locking the scope base into.

First thing I'd suggest is to remove the scope mount base and visually inspect the grooves in the receiver to make sure that the raised portion of the scope mount base engages them completely and squarely. You want the mount to attach firmly - but don't strip the threads on the attaching screw or the drilled hole in the receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts