The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all interested readers. I just now finally got my stamp and approval from "those guys" and wanted to try out my new M2 Carbine. So I loaded up my mag with .30 cal ammo that has worked flawlessly in my M1 Carbine and unfortunately, it didn't work as planned. Here's the trouble. As mentioned in the title, I can't get the rifle to fire on full auto more than 2 shots at a time. I have to recharge the handle after it shoots the 2 rounds to cycle another round into the chamber. It'll fire another 2 rounds, then I have to do the same thing over. Before shooting, I cleaned and lubed the entire rifle. It does work perfect on semi. However I didn't buy another M1, I bought, and waited a year for the M2. Please help and thanks!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Welcome to the FORUM. Is it a lend lease gun from somewhere that might be equipped with a two round burst disconnect. Did you just try pulling the trigger instead of cycling the action? Some series of M16 were equipped three round burst disconnects, they got the idea for this some where.

·
GUNZILLA
7,055 Posts
Here is a little video that may help you trouble shoot your M2. Check your disconnector first to make sure it is not bent.

http://weaponsman.com/?p=8134

Reactions: carver

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
You guys are GOOD. It is either the disconnector or the mag.

The M2 Carbine is the ONLY full auto that I really like - but I don't have one (or the Federal Stamp to own one). The Brother In Law was a Jarhead. While he was somewhere near Da Nang him and his buddies got 'hold of an M2, and tested it's fire rate against a standard '16. He reported that the last piece of brass from the M2 was hitting the ground about the time the '16 fired it's last round. Pretty fast. The Aussie SF guys still had them when I got there a year or two later (same general area) when we went out to extract them from the field.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gentlemen, thanks for the prompt replies. It turns out it was the mag. After swapping out my M1 mag for the M2 mag, it worked just fine. After a little work with a file and polishing compound, the M2 mag worked like a charm as well. On a side note, after my son had a go at it, had promptly asked me if they made a drum mag for this rifle. Anyone know of a good source for a quality, made in America banana mag? Thanks again

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
Gentlemen, thanks for the prompt replies. It turns out it was the mag. After swapping out my M1 mag for the M2 mag, it worked just fine. After a little work with a file and polishing compound, the M2 mag worked like a charm as well. On a side note, after my son had a go at it, had promptly asked me if they made a drum mag for this rifle. Anyone know of a good source for a quality, made in America banana mag? Thanks again
You might look here:
http://www.fulton-armory.com/M1-Carbine-Accessories.aspx

Reactions: ms6852

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
GI 30 rounders are really quite common. Not all that pricey, either.

Post a picture of that M2 - I'd like to see it. What make is it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts