M48 Mauser

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Packet
    (12/14/02 7:18:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All M48 Mauser
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey folks. I just had to share this with you. I recently bought an M48 with the intentions of customizing it into a big bore rifle. I have it here, sitting in my gun cradle now, and it looks so pretty, I hate to alter it. I purchased it as a very good condition piece, but it looks new. So, with that in mind, does anyone know where I can find an excellent M48 action for my project?

K75RT
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/14/02 7:55:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: M48 Mauser
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think you might want to take a look at another action; the M48 is an excellent action but they are going to be very collectible in years to come. I'd look for a good condition VZ24 as they are affordable and are a 98 clone. The metallurgy on the VZs is excellent as they aren't a soft core with a carburized skin as the early Mausers were, but a homogenous steel similar to the more modern CrMo steels used today. As this is a C&R forum perhaps this is getting outside the realm of the heading..... I'll email you if you'd like with a couple of ideas. Good Luck.
    If you believe it is reprehensible to possess the will and means to repel a criminal assault...how can you rightfully ask another to risk his life to protect yours?

Packet
    (12/14/02 8:30:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: M48 Mauser
    Thankyou so much for the reply. I have heard of the VZ action but didnt have enough information. You are correct, I should have posted my question on the tech info board.