The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m a new member. My dad was a WW2 Polish Army vet who fought alongside the Brits. I found his old service pistol and in the process of restoring it. It’s a MAB model D Nazi Mark WaA 251. I am looking for an authentic as possible holster for it maybe marked with WaA D 20. Any ideas where to look. Lot out there for luges, Mauser , Walter, etc but none for this guy. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True of course. I remember my dad telling me that something happened to his original sidearm during war and he somehow got this one that he used for the remainder of the war. It was made in France during the Nazi occupation when the Germans took over the MAB factory in Bayonne hence the Nazi markings

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Many years ago, a local WWII US Army vet sold me his souvenir Nazi pistol. It was the same MAB D pistol with waffenampts as your father had. The holster it was in was a modified German holster dated 1917 which most likely was made for a .32 Mauser pistol. I'm sure the Germans had holsters specially made for the Model D. But near the end of the war the Germans often made do with whatever they had in the field.

If your Dad was in the Polish Army attached to the British Army, he would have been issued British Pattern 1937 (P37) field gear. The P37 holster made for British issued .38 revolvers would have been available. Although much bigger than necessary for the slim .32 MAB Model D, the P37 web holster would have kept the pistol safe and ready to draw if necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts