The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,287 Posts
Beth, chedder is the most common cheese used in making Mac and Cheese. But you can use other types of cheese. I really like the extra sharp chedder myself. Remember that some cheeses will not work, because they will not melt to a creamy texture. Cheddar, extra sharp cheddar, mozzarella, colby, monterey jack, and muenster, are just a few of the cheeses that work well, and they can even be mixed.

·
Premium Member
34,287 Posts
And let's not forget to add a little (or a lot) of bacon!

·
Registered
19,150 Posts
yer killin me.. I can't eat bacon or cheese much anymore. love the stuff!

peperjack.. mmmmm.. on a nice whet cracter with a lil mustard and some salami.. used to be good stuff!

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
I hate that for you, Soundguy, but I feel your pain, brother... Too much dairy doubles me over with pain because of the inability to digest the fat, but I still cosume it cautiously in small portions. ;)

Beth... I don't know my wife's recipe, but I do know that she uses Velveeta, butter and milk in it and it is amazing! Mattison can't get enough. :):):)

Crpdeth

·
Premium Member
34,287 Posts
Next time you make that Mac, and Cheese, add a few sprinkles of cheese that didn't go into the meal, sprinkle on some crumbled bacon, and some Frenche's fryed onions. Pop it in the oven utill the cheese on top starts to brown!

·
Premium Member
34,287 Posts
I love cheese! Limburger sandwiches, with a slice of sweet onion! Oh my! Good thing I don't have any in the house at the moment! Mac and cheese with crab meat! Or maybe some tuna! Cook up that Mac and Cheese, spread it out on a pan, about 1" thick, and let it cool till it can be sliced into squares. Dip it in some pancake batter, or your own beer batter, and drop it in the deep fat fryer!

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
According to my Grandmother,
so now, according to me :),
it is Velveeta cheese, whole milk, and butter.
[of course, I meant use elbow macaroni also]
Stove-top or baked.
That's for mac-n-cheese.

Mac-n-cheese casserole is simply the same,
but you add the cooked beef, or bacon, or crabmeat.
Then bake. [meat should be cooked first before adding]
[exception: tuna can be added right in, no cooking]
We have also used pork loin, venison, cabrito, etc.
Even thick sliced fried bologna.
Mac-n-cheese casseroles can be made with different
pasta [noodles] for a variety.Other items to your liking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.