The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 馃槏
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This "mag loading block", as I call it, was made for an elderly neighbor of mine. At 85 years young, he has trouble loading his Glock magazine.

I've made a couple of these in the past, the first being probably 10-11 years ago for mom's Taurus PT 24/7. She always struggled to get the last few rounds in, so I came up with a little block to assist with loading the magazine.

Here are some pictures of the one I made for my neighbor today.

Wood

Wood Clamp woodworking Tool Rebate plane
Wood woodworking Furniture Hardwood Plywood
Wood Wood stain Tool Rebate plane
Wood Carving Finger Hand woodworking
Carving Wood Finger Hand Thumb
Wood
Wood
Wood Hardwood Hand Carving woodworking

Took it over for him to try this evening, and it worked perfectly.

Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 馃槏
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool and resourceful.
Thanks! As usual, I made it from a scrap piece of wood. See, I'm saving the planet. ;):D

Premium Member
Good Job, My own thumb can't get past the 10th round on my 12 round .45acp magazine with out the assist of my Pistol Mag Loader.

Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 馃槏
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The best part is it didn't cost him a dime. Those plastic ones are easy to forget, lose and are pricey. And the curly cherry scrap looks nice.

AOC would be proud of you!;)
AOC wouldn't know whether to be offended or pleased. It has something to do with those frightening firearms afterall :yikes:

Reactions: Bigdog57 and joe45c

Premium Member
AOC wouldn't know whether to be offended or pleased. It has something to do with those frightening firearms afterall :yikes:
She wouldn't know what it would be used for. Heck she didn't even know what a garbage disposal was used for. All she knows is it's not made from that evil plastic material. If you could make a AR out of wood and have it work she'd probably love it. cause it's environmentally friendly!

Registered
Nice AR! Reminds me of Armalite's original AR-16, a wood stocked AR-15 that was only in prototype, not developed.

Reactions: joe45c and Broot
1 - 17 of 17 Posts