Magazine Remington for Marlin

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by TrapperDoc, May 5, 2009.

1. TrapperDoc

TrapperDoc New Member

Hi, Will a Remington Model 597 clip fit a Marlin Model 795? I want to use the larger capacity clip that is made by Remington in my Marlin. Does anyone make a 30 round or larger clip for a Marlin Model 795? Let me know please, before the Obama administration takes away our second ammendment.

2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Nope...won't fit. The Marlin 795 uses the same ole skinny stamped sheet-metal single-stack magazine that Marlin has been using for ages in bolts and semis. The 597 Remington uses a dual-stack design that is quite a bit shorter but allows the factory 10-rounder to almost completely fit flush with the bottom of the stock.

Now...if you did some creative machine work you might be able to modify a marlin (trigger group, stock, and bottom of the bolt) to accept the 597 mags but it'd be a project worth much more than what you could buy a 597 or 10/22 for. This would be just a "tinker" type of project for someone with a very well equipped shop (as in you'll need a Bridgeport) and might wind up ruining the rifle if you get halfways in and hit a roadblock.

I'm not aware of anyone that makes extended mags for the Marlins...but there might be some available somewhere.