The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , I have a 22 lever action magnum Winchester 94 , appears the carrier Spring is adrift as so called expert cleaned my gun
On return bullets in magazine continued into breach , jamming up
Anyway I'm seeking diagram or photo on how the spring goes back together
Any ideas or instructions about

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rog, did you ever find the info you needed? I'm in a similar situation and need the info on how the carrier, cartridge stop and spring all fit together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
The spring goes in shaped like a 'U' with the open part of the 'U' facing the hammer. The long end of the spring goes under the hammer stop pin. I knocked the hammer stop pin out just enough to put the long end of the pin under it. The closed loop of the spring goes on the bottom on top of the rear of the cartridge stop. The short arm of the spring with the little 'L' shape goes under the carrier. Use a slave pin to hold the carrier, cartridge stop and spring together. Install in the receiver and put the pin in knocking the slave pin out. Then put the long single end of the spring under the hammer stop pin and knock the hammer stop pin back in. Hope this helps. BTJ

·
GUNZILLA
7,054 Posts
Hello all , I have a 22 lever action magnum Winchester 94 , appears the carrier Spring is adrift as so called expert cleaned my gun
On return bullets in magazine continued into breach , jamming up
Anyway I'm seeking diagram or photo on how the spring goes back together
Any ideas or instructions about
You will need a slave pin and something to hold the parts together. With the slave pin in place, the longer left arm of the spring goes below the hammer stop pin. Here is a link to rimfire central the guys in this forum are 2 steps higher in comparison to the genius guys at the apple store when it comes to rimfire.. Hope this helps, good luck.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869994

There is also The Gun Digest Book of Rimfire Rifles, Assembly/Disassembly with step by step and photos for over 70 models and 200 variants by J.B. Wood. You might order this book on Amazon if nothing above helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts