The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use Magnus Lead Bullets? I am new to reloading but have thought about trying these for plinking because of low cost. They have a 124gr for the 9mm. I have never seen their stuff in any loading manual. Can I find load data for another 124gr bullet and start at the low end of the charge data? Does it have to be for a lead bullet as well?

· Registered
72 Posts
I have loaded 1000s of magnus lead bullets using loads from Lyman and Hornady loading manuals. Never had a problem. The only reason I'm not still using them is the range where I shoot switched from Magnus to Mastercast and Zero bullets.

· Banned
2,751 Posts
Use any lead bullet data of same weight. Does not have to be same manufacturer, although that would be nice. Pay close attention to OAL and bullet design. Start low and work up.

Hodgdon Ramshot and Accurate all have lead bullet on-line data. If you are going to shoot a lot of lead bullets it might be a good idea to purchase the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.