The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hear Magpul cut the knee caps out of Cheaper Than Dirt for price gouging thier products! Magpul does not plan on raising thier prices due to the nation wide knee jerk reaction going on.

Magpul is a solid company! Brownells, Midway, are a a couple companies that will not price gouge and will keep thier prices as usual!

Anyone know of any other companies that will not price gouge on Ammo, Magazines, or other nation wide sell out items?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Its good to know there are still solid companies out there.

Unfortunately I don't know of any other companies that are not price gouging, and most of the upright companies, such as Midway, are virtually sold out of mags, and popular brands of ammo until summer. As long as the gun and accessory bans loom over head I feel the price gouging and panic buying will continue.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Midsouth.

·
Registered
17,295 Posts
Seems to me that, four years ago, when Obama got elected and the panic buying started, and everyone raised their prices, while most people went up ten or fifteen percent, Cheaper Than Dirt doubled theirs.

Now, they were already on my list because of their crappy customer service. That just drove the stake in their heart. I wouldn't buy from them again.

The gun community, though, seems to have a lousy memory. About half-way through 2009 I was again seeing posts about what a great company CTD was, and what great deals CTD had.

I understand the concept of profit. I even understand gouging - it's my stuff, and I can sell it for whatever I want to. I just refuse to deal with some people.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
good on them.

I also give a significant portion of my paycheck to both Midway and Brownells, and recently Grafs as well. All three have been solid and have not partaken in any nonsense. They even wish me happy birthday every year!

When I spend a lot at once, Brownells even sends me a signed letter saying thank you for the business, kinda nice!

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I Think CHeaper Than Dirt is going out of business because they stopped selling guns. My take is that the owner is trying to get as much cash in hand before closing the doors or filing for bankrupcy. Just a feeling based on thier massive price hikes and a company like Magpul kicking them in the nuts!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts