Make a meal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bobitis, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I know there's a forum for wild game cooking, but I was wondering....
    If ya can't grub it up, what do you do with everyday fair?

I have some razor clams, sea scallops, and cod for starters.

Make me a meal.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Use the clams and cod for catfish bait. Filet catfish. season with cayenne and black pepper to taste. Melt half stick butter and a few drops olive oil. Place catfish in butter sprinkle with a little lemon and some lime juice. Add orange juice but not quit enough to cover fish. Cover skillet and simmer for about 20 min. Dont try to turn fish. Use spatula to remove fish. Scallops, do some more butter and olive oil. Season scalops with cayenne and black pepper and minced garlic. Fresh is best. Store bought in a jar or if you are desperate, dry garlic. I like to cook mine on med. to high heat to lightly brown the scalops. They cook kind of fast on high so don't over do it as the scallops will shrink and be tough. Enjoy.

3. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Well tonight the wife fixed a New York Steak,Baked Potatoes,cream style corn,fresh Asparagus and baked beans (homemade baked beans) Glass of tea and I am stuffed.:D catfish

4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I agree with the catfish idea, but my recipe is just a little different.

I use lemon pepper instead of the cayenne and black. The real lemon pepper, not the salt with a sprinkle of pepper and a glimpse of the lemon as it goes down the packaging line. (Read the ingrediants. If it says salt anywhere, pass it by.) Then I use half a beer and some balsamic with the oil/butter instead of the orange juice.

Pops

5. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

Steam the clams in some white wine and butter while cooking some pasta. In a non stick skillet add some butter, then onion & garlic & bell pepper. Saute' until onions are clear, add cod. Cook for 5 -7 minutes breaking up cod. Add 1 cup white wine and reduce by half. When reduced, add 1/2 c cream or 1 cup of half & half. Season with salt, pepper and maybe a little marjoram and a dash of cayenne pepper. Add Scallops and cook for 3 more minutes.

Clams are your appetizer, eat with some crusty bread to dip into the pot liquor, & serve the cod & clam over the pasta.

Salad is optional