The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Could be one of many problems. If you want help you need to do more work than write "my gun jams" and hang up.

Take some pictures, failure to feed, failure to eject, magazine,ammunition used are basic factors and there are more.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
95 per-cent of the time when a gun has problems feeding it is the magazines. Does this happen only on one mag or several.What types of ammo are you using? Is this a new firearm ( to You ) or has it happened before?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both of you, the gun is old and I suspected the magazine, also I will take pictures and send them. I'm new here so don't know protocol, Thanks, great website.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Grab a couple of new magazines. The BHP is an extremely reliable weapon. I guarantee you its a mag issue.

·
Premium Member
14,090 Posts
A buddy of mine carried a standard Browning P35 for years, and it functioned flawlessly with ball ammo. Fed and fired first time, every time. And then Super Vel introduced their whoop-dee-doo hollow points. My buddy buys a box, we take his pistol to the range to try out these wonder rounds, and CLUNK! Nosedive jam first round off the top of the mag, and all following rounds on both that mag and his spare. He went back to ball ammo, his reasoning being that if 13+1 ball rounds didn't solve a problem, Super Vels wouldn't either. That said, what type of rounds are you using?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.