Man busted for DUI on his barstool!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lori Mick, Mar 31, 2009.

1. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Poor guy... :(

That's a neat idea.... :D... cept fer the DWI part.. :rolleyes:

2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

:D:D:D:D wonder how long it took to bust this guy. the cops in they're human had to get a chuckle out of this.

3. questor

questor Member

Cops Bust Stool Fool

godBlessThisGuy!

Cops Bust Stool Fool

Ohio man arrested for drunk driving on a homemade vehicle
    MARCH 31--In a law enforcement first, Ohio cops this month arrested a man for drunk driving on a motorized bar stool.

That's right, a motorized bar stool, which can be seen below in a police evidence photo. According to cops, Kile Wygle, 28, crashed his bar stool near his Newark home earlier this month and called 911 due to his injuries. When an officer arrived and asked Wygle what happened, he answered, "I wrecked my bar stool."

According to a Newark Police Division report, a copy of which you'll find here, Wygle's homemade ride is powered by a Briggs & Stratton lawnmower engine. Wygle noted that the bar stool could hit nearly 40 miles per hour, but that he was only going 20 when he wiped out late in the afternoon on March 4 (a witness told police that he spotted someone driving a "strange motorized machine" before the crash).

A plastered Wygle, who failed a series of field sobriety tests, was charged with DUI and driving with a suspended license, both misdemeanors. His bar stool was not impounded

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0331091stool1.html

4. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    He werent to hard to catch......
    This would give new meaning to the term "Falling off your bar stool"

Isn't there a better word than "deconstructed "

they found a man who had wrecked a bar stool
    powered by a deconstructed lawn mower.
    Kile Wygle, 28, was hospitalized for minor injuries.

5. 3ME

3ME New Member

Should have used a Designated Decoy.

6. artabr

artabr New Member

:eek: :D
    I bet that has to be a hairy ride at 40 mph. I kinda think I'd like to sit back and watch that. :D

Art

7. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

WOW! That has to rank right up there with some of the stupid stuff I got into back in high school.

8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

You got to say that the guy was inventive. I would never thought about a motorized bar stool. Hey, there may be a market for them.

9. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

hairy ride indeed. a bar stool sitting still when you're drunk is hard enough to "ride" at least thats what i read or was told

10. Popgunner

Popgunner Active Member

11. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Yep, I've been DUI on a barstool a few times in the past. The ride is fine but the sudden stops face down on the floor are a bit troublesome.

12. ARB

ARB New Member

Kind of off the subject. I cannot tell you how peeved I was when I found out that you can get a DUI while mowing your yard! That's one of the beauty's of summer.

13. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Here's a hot tip. You don't have to be driving a motor vehicle to be charged with DUI. There was a local guy charged with DUI for riding his bicycle drunk a few years ago.

14. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

I was arrested for DUI in college. In AL, they make you go to a DUI class for your first offense. (that was my first and only) We had people in our class who received DUIs while operating golf carts, go carts in a neighborhood, and dirt bikes (not even enduros. They were driving down a dirt road on the way back to the house after riding trails).

The worst was a guy who got one on a riding lawn mower. He explained his predicament like this:

"Well it takes me 3 beers to cut my front yard and 5 to cut the back. Then I drive next door to my mother-in-law's house. As if living right beside here isn't bad enough, I have to cut her grass too. It then takes me 4 beers to cut her front yard and about eight to cut her back yard. On the way back to my garage, I was driving the 25 feet from her driveway to mine on the road when a deputy pulled me over after noticing the cooler of empty beer cans on the back of my lawn mower. BAM!! DUI."

Poor guy. Talk about adding insult to injury.