Man held for displaying Don't Tread on Me bumpersticker

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swiftman, May 10, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I've been expecting this for some time. I am only a little surprised that it happened in LA first.

Pops

2. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

3. artabr

artabr New Member

I don't believe it. First off, the story comes from Alex Jones. It lacks info. The source is "Rosemarie's brother in law" which, in my view is worse than "an anonymous source".
    The guy was "detained" for ½ hour on the side of the road. That's about the amount of time it takes to get a speeding ticket in the town of Ball, Louisiana, which is rated as one of the worst speed traps in the United States. ;) :D

I think Alex needs to loosen up on his tin foil hat. :rolleyes:
    Save it for when it happens for real.

Art

4. whitemach

whitemach New Member

:mad:arrested for being a patriot:mad::mad::mad:if this keeps up they very well may learn the true meaning of this :mad:

5. artabr

artabr New Member

The guy was not arrested. He got pulled over in a small town that is a known speed trap.

Art

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Hey Art, the original story came from WND as I understand it... I posted about it in a prior thread entitled 'First Amendment out the window... Fess up you 'extremists'!...'

Also, I'd qualify what JLA said since any time you're stopped for speeding that's considered an 'arrest', technically speaking only.

Now, as to the validity of the claim, I have no idea. I generally find that WND reports on stories that often appear in the Mainstream Media several days later. I wouldn't totally rule out the comments made by the 'arresting' officer. :D

The Original WND story can be found here...

7. artabr

artabr New Member

WND picked the stoey up from one site which is linked to in their story in about the 3rd paragraph or so. That site claims to have gotten the story from a site called Patriot Depot (I think it's Depot, I'm doing this from memory :D) that sells Bumper stickers out of Atlanta.
    I saw the story linked on another forum to Alex Jones' Infowars(?) site. As soon as I see this guys name I start thinking tin foil & black helos. He's a nut case IMHO.

I do get WND's daily e-mails. When they first released it I read it and blew it off due to lack of info and my knowledge to the fact that if you go 1 mile over the speed limit in Ball, La YOU WILL GET PULLED OVER and YOU WILL GET A TICKET. It's a fact of life. ;) :D
    A cop on a local site that I belong to has a buddy that works for the Ball Police Department. He put in a call to his buddy but has not posted back yet.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17305

Art

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  8. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

Thanks pony & art for your take on this situation. Sounds like another test balloon from the radical left to me.

As to the veracity of Alex Jones, there does seem to be a lack of reliable sources at times. However, I don't think we should just write him off as a total nut job. Some of his stuff at least makes you think about a different angle. I have a buddy that is an Alex Jones bunker buddy, so I hear AJ's theories all the time :eek: :mad: :D

I personally think he is wrong on his 9-11 theory. I was working at an architectural firm at the time and we were all wondering how long before the towers would collapse. To think that Americans took a weekend and planted TNT to bring it down is nonsense. When was it done? Don't you think someone would sell that story and make millions "I planted the TNT that brought down the Twin Towers"? Hogwash.

9. artabr

artabr New Member

45, I've got to admit that my dislike of Alex Jones come directly from his 9/11 beliefs that we killed our own. Once he started advocating those beliefs in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, I wrote him off as a loon.

When it comes to Alex Jones, I have a very narrow, extremely biased view. :eek: :)

Art

10. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

I'm going to agree with art on this one. I used to live in the comunity, and still have family there. Probably no more than pulled over for speeding, and had to wait for a back ground check.