The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Registered
Your recipe sounds right on for Jam ... I use the same basic recipe . Fruit - Sugar - Surejell
What I have found that makes or breaks the flavor ... is the Taste of the fruit . if it doesn't taste that good ...the jam isn't going to taste that good . For years I used some fresh local strawberries but the variety they grow locally looks good but has a low sugar content so it will ship well ... they just weren't that sweet or actually that good tasting ... disappointed with local fresh berries I tried frozen strawberries . They were picked and frozen ...no shipping and higher sugar content made them taste so good ... the Jam I made with them was Wonderful ...really Good !
So my advice is use really good tasting fruit ...after that all you can do is add a bit of lemon juice or lime juice but the truth is if the mango's don't taste that good ...don't expect great tasting jam ...ain't gonna happen .
Gary

Registered
The mangos were wonderful. Dad and I had no problem cleaning up the pits lol. I personally think I needed to cook longer. And it needed a kick. I do love the idea of peaches....
If I can get really Good peaches ... I'm making Peach Jam ... I've driven a couple hours North to Ruston LA to get good sweet juicy tree ripened peaches ... what I can't eat fresh goes into Jam ... Also a Peach Cobbler has to be made ... Peach Cobbler ... Heaven in a square dish !
Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts