Mannlicher safety?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by trailguy, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trailguy

trailguy New Member

On a Mannlicher 30-06, full stock rifle, the safety (on top, behind action) is loose, will slide forward/backward with no resitance. It works when pushed on, but does not snap into an on or off setting.
    I know an exact answer is not possible here, but would like to know how difficult or expensive it could be to repair.
    I attached a picture taken previously, but does not show the safety.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. gs1sniper

gs1sniper New Member

Trailguy,
    I had one replaced on one in 243 cal. and if I'm not mistaken, the gunsmith said that the thumb safety on top was the only plastic piece on the rifle. We have a certified Mannlicher dealer/gunsmith here in Alabama and he charged me 40.00 to replace the broken safety with a metal one.

3. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I have a custom made single(and somehow bolt action) .410 that uses the same type of safety, sadly I do not know the maker of it but it was made quite a few years ago. But I replaced it for about $10, But they reduced the price seeing as how I spent alot of money on ammo at the same time.