The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello this is my first post on this forum, and I have an opportunity to aquire a 1962 Mannlicher Schoenauer in 30.06 cal mauser style with a 22 inch barrel, it also comes with a vintage Bosch and Lomb Scope mounted on it. I do not have a picture of this weapon to send at this time, but the pictures that the seller sent me looks like it is in at least 9 out of 10 condition and it has not been refinished. I was wondering if you could give me a current value on this weapon? Thanks tamartello. This weapon also has a low serial number 36169. and all number match.

·
Premium Member
9,583 Posts
Welcome to TFF
We really need pictures to give you a good number.
What you think is 90% may not be.
It takes time doing this to be able to say what the % the gun is.
The book does not even show a 1962 there is a 1961 and other models.
Thats why we need to see pictures so we can figure out just what you have and it's condition.
Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to TFF
We really need pictures to give you a good number.
What you think is 90% may not be.
It takes time doing this to be able to say what the % the gun is.
The book does not even show a 1962 there is a 1961 and other models.
Thats why we need to see pictures so we can figure out just what you have and it's condition.
Mike
Hi Mike I posted some pictures of the Mannlicher Schoenauer 30.06, they are the pictures he sent me in a email, it is the best I can do as the weapon is 300 miles from here, and I think I added some more info. to the post, 22 inch barrel fancy scrolling on the triger guard, a ball park figure might even help me make up my mind on getting this, Thanks tamartello

·
Registered
77 Posts
My guess is about $1100 or $1200 tops if it is a rifle. About $300 more at best if it is a full stock. Your pictures do not show if it is a full stock or not. You can find lots of them on the auction sites. A 30-06 Model 1921 just sold for about $1700 and that is a rifle that has collector value. I might be a bit high for the rifle and a bit low for the full stock. If I wanted something to shoot I'd check out the CZ or the newer Mannlichers which seem to go for less than a thousand on the auction site. As far as the older Mannlichers they are beautiful and be sure to check out how they handle gas escaping from a failed cartridge. Always wear safety glasses.

If you get the rifle and it is missing the front sight hood a copy can be had from Watts Walnut for about $40. If you are a hunter just buy a CZ if you want a bolt rifle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a full stock weapon and has the front hood, also has fancy engraving on the triger guard, I think that was a added extra??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I have not quite got this down on how to answer people that answer my question, hope this is it. Hi Mike thanks for answering my post, I posted pictures those are the only ones I have of the weapon, I took them off of an email he sent me. The weapon is 300 miles away, hope these pictures help a bit there is also fancy scrolling on the triger guard. Thanks T.

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
i think the pic quality is low because it is a pic of a pic on a computer monitor.. no the actual pic downlaoded then posted here.. etc...

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
make a new message.

go to manage attachments. fromthere yo can upload the pics from your machine.
ie.. the other peson emailed them to you as attachments.. so they are saved on your machine.. or at your hosting site, if a web mail system. just download them to your pc, then upload here in the message.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts