The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ammunition is getting hard to get :mad:... I know you have to have a certain "level" of an FFL to "Manufacture" ammunition :confused:... I was looking around at automated loading systems.. cool and pricy.. $2500.00 :eek: and up....
That was the easy part.... Then I started thinking about supplies.. brass, bullets, primers,and powder :eek:hmygosh:.... WOW.. its enough to make you go crazy.. i just waited 3.5 months to get 1K bullet heads in .40 S&W....
So I started looking into bullet swaging machines and brass drawing machines... Boy the cost is starting to mount! :yikes:
My big issue comes to the powder :thud:... No supplier is going to give a small ammunition producer powder over a major manufacturer...
Can I make my own? or do I just give up on a pipe dream? :bleh:
I was hoping to make enough to supply the local small shops that are having a hard time keeping ammo in stock...
Whats your take?
Shawn

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
if you are flintlock.. you may be ok.. can roll yer own.. :)

itherwise.. wating in line like the rest of us..

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Have you considered the liability issue? I won't let anyone shoot my reloads for that reason. Had a friend who let someone shoot his reloads and the gun blew up. (fool shot ammo in wrong gun) . Tried to sue my friend.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Check around and find out how much $1,000,000 worth of insurance costs!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
you can do just bullets themselves I believe withough much ado, I know a guy in AZ who makes some fantastic reloading rifle bullets with a swaging press. Stupid accurate stuff, I've still got a pack of .223 he gave me.

As for ammo, doubtful you're gonna have the funds/facilities/supply to make reliable powder and I certainly don't want the liability.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand liability... heck im suer CCI, Winchester, Federal and the lot have gone through this, there has to be a means...
I swear.. if it wasn't for that old lady spilling Mc Donald's coffee on her and winning that stupid law suite... common sense would.. Society sucks some times....
I had the intention of having a business license, insurance, and the lot if I got into this.
Now.. what can I so about powder?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can do just bullets themselves I believe withough much ado, I know a guy in AZ who makes some fantastic reloading rifle bullets with a swaging press. Stupid accurate stuff, I've still got a pack of .223 he gave me.

As for ammo, doubtful you're gonna have the funds/facilities/supply to make reliable powder and I certainly don't want the liability.
Just make components... that sounds good too... a lot of the populous around here reload... good idea!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
rub elbows with the right folks and I'm sure you could set up a connection eventually. May be difficult but not impossible.

The stuff is still being made lickety-split and supply will come back, by the time you do your homework, I'm confident you will find a regular source for as much as you can handle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts