Marine's Broken Pride

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by fedupdon, Apr 2, 2009.

1. fedupdon

fedupdon New Member

Marine's Broken Pride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I sat, as did millions of other Americans, and watched as our government underwent a peaceful transition of power a few weeks past.

At first, I felt a pride and patriotism as I watched Barack Obama take his oath of office.

However, all that pride quickly vanished as I later watched 21 marines, in full dress uniform with rifles, fire a 21-gun salute to the President.

It was then that I realized how far America 's military had deteriorated.

Every Damm one of them missed !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I sat, as did millions of other Americans, and watched as our government underwent a peaceful transition of power a few weeks past.

At first, I felt a pride and patriotism as I watched Barack Obama take his oath of office.

However, all that pride quickly vanished as I later watched 21 marines, in full dress uniform with rifles, fire a 21-gun salute to the President.

It was then that I realized how far America 's military had deteriorated.

Every Damm one of them missed !

2. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

Thats great, I thought the same thing as I watched and my middle child said "Daddy why did they miss." At first I thought he was racist, then he told me he wanted me to keep my guns. He has a good head on his shoulders.

3. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

Thats great, I thought the same thing as I watched and my middle child said "Daddy why did they miss." At first I thought he was racist, then he told me he wanted me to keep my guns. He has a good head on his shoulders.