The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I purchased a Marlin 1894 in 45 LC, while I'm very satisfied with it's handling and accuracy, I find very little info regarding the 1894 ever being chambered in this caliber (w/round barrel & hooded front sight). The Marlin website does not list a lever gun in 45LC except for the cowboy octagon barrel models.....anybody have info when this model was made?

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
thats a good dang question freebore. I didnt think marlin made one of the std model 1894s in .45 colt. Id shot marlin an email with the serial number and inquire about it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maybe the guys over on Marlinowners.com can help you.
I have only seen the 45 colt in the 1894 Cowboy.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My 1894-S was first purchased in 1988, just after I learned they were making a limited run of them in .45 LC. I believe that was the first year they came out.
I was working at a gun shop and lucked out, they went very fast.
Great gun, even with the Micro-groove rifling, which I've heard much negativity about but have never had a problem with it, even with my hardcast loads.
I have a Williams Aperture sight mounted and it's a tack driver, took one deer with it at a little over 100 yards.
It's a great rifle, you'll love it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI.....I found that the Marlin 1894 (this model) was produced in 45 Long Colt for Cabela's. It appears that Cabela's had a small production run made exclusively for them in 2008....that does make some sense since this is where I purchased it from (at the time I was actually looking for 44M, the sales person handed me this one by mistake). What's interesting though is that the Owners Manual makes no reference to the 45LC chambering, only 44 Mag and 357 Mag ?.

Also, someone told me I that Marlin never chambered this model 1894 in 45LC and that I must be mistaken?? ......well....see attached..

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts